• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

27K Check Engine Light

Aug 28, 2016
Truck Year
Today the CEL came on and remained on for two different trips into town. It disappeared on my second return trip. It was on a total of about 15 miles. Any ideas? Don't really want to take it in If I don't have to, dealer is 1 hour away.

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
First step is figuring out what the cel was an inexpensive obd2 code reader is a really good investment. Or a good monitor like a Banks Idash or Edge cts2 well read and clear codes.

Michel Lavoie

Aug 23, 2016
Truck Year
I had one such instance last week.
I took it to the dealership and they found out it was related to the heater for the DEF fluid reservoir.
The technician told me when the light goes off after 3 starting sequences it is not a major problem and the code is stored in the control module memory.
It will be found the next time a technician connect his computer to the OBD II connection.

The check engine light will come on for a number of reasons.
Hope it will help.

You can also contact your dealership and find out what they recommend.

He also made it clear if the check engine light keep flashing it means it is a serious problem and you should take the truck to the dealership ASAP if you're close by. If not call the dealership and make arrangement to get the truck there.