• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

3.0 longevity

Bob Miller

Jul 31, 2017
Truck Year
I've got a '15 Ram diesel. So far I've logged 86,000 miles since new. I've had 9 new Dodge's over the years, both gas and diesel but this is the first ecodiesel. Has anyone logged more miles than this. I've had several Cummings that have exceeded 300k before trading. Can I expect this kind of mileage from my ecodiesel?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I've got a '15 Ram diesel. So far I've logged 86,000 miles since new. I've had 9 new Dodge's over the years, both gas and diesel but this is the first ecodiesel. Has anyone logged more miles than this. I've had several Cummings that have exceeded 300k before trading. Can I expect this kind of mileage from my ecodiesel?

I'm not sure these are going to last as long as Cummins motor, that's for sure.

I wish I had the magical answer, because I would sell it before it blew up! :D

We have few members here over 150K... I do know that.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
Very first post and worried about engine longevity already. Seems like may be a member from "the other" website coming over here on a fishing expidition. Just my first impression.

Capt Tim

May 7, 2017
Truck Year
I'm glad you watch out for crap like that. 63k no problem miles.

Attachments

• IMG_7160.JPG
    IMG_7160.JPG
    356.2 KB · Views: 18

Bob Miller

Jul 31, 2017
Truck Year
I don't quite know what you mean by fishing. I've never posted anything online before and thought this might be a way of finding out what others think about this engine. I'm sorry I did that if you've thought I did this for some other reason. I don't need the hassle.

Capt Tim

May 7, 2017
Truck Year
Good job Bob. No offense - I was only commenting on the monitor's observation. Wish you luck and that you had a truck like mine. No issues to really mention yet I am pondering whether or not to purchase extended warranty though.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I don't quite know what you mean by fishing. I've never posted anything online before and thought this might be a way of finding out what others think about this engine. I'm sorry I did that if you've thought I did this for some other reason. I don't need the hassle.

Bob, I was referencing what MSP548 meant by "Fishing", not yourself. We hope you continue to research and post here. All is welcome here actually!

Gary T

Jun 12, 2016
Truck Year

We bought a nice 2014 eco-diesel Laramie with 89,000 on it. Drove it about a year and put on another 15,000 miles. The map sensor filled with carbon and had to be replaced 5 times and we had to replace the particle sensor and the particle filter. After almost monthly trips to the shop in limp mode we traded it for a 2016 gas powered Laramie. We loved everything about the eco-diesel except the poor reliability. Don't think I could ever recommend an eco-diesel to anyone.

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
there's a few ecodiesels north of 200k+ and at least one over 300k, seems like the longevity is based more on how you use it than anything, which is true with all diesel engines

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
there's a few ecodiesels north of 200k+ and at least one over 300k, seems like the longevity is based more on how you use it than anything, which is true with all diesel engines

How are the high mileage ones being used? I would assume steady rpm freeway driving?

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
How are the high mileage ones being used? I would assume steady rpm freeway driving?
Yeah mostly light hotshot kind of work. Not the ecodiesels target market, regardless I think these things are far from the absolute piles of crap they're being made out to be.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Only have 21500 miles on mine in a little over 2 years. I think my average speed since Day 1 is only about 30 miles per hour. (short, easy commute). I have taken numerous trips towing my 5000 lb camper and it performs flawlessly with towing mpg around 15 to 17.
Never had a glitch or complaint, (fingers crossed). I add DEF about every 6000 miles it seems and have been changing the oil at about 7500.
I hope it stays running because I was looking for diesel power, longevity, and flexibility when I bought it. Many years ago I drove semis across the U.S. so I am not totally ignorant on diesel engines but I certainly am no expert and really enjoy reading the discourse on this forum!

Capt Tim

May 7, 2017
Truck Year
Great post to Shadow Sabre. Pretty much sums up my EcoD usages. I push a little harder towing 7k+ with TH and Harley inside but he describes why I got an ED.

Aug 28, 2016
Truck Year
Is it just me, or is it possible that many of the problems are related to the sooooooot in the engine. I love the GDE hot tune that shuts off the EGR. Oil is pretty clean even at 5k

Brian Hartenstine

Nov 11, 2015
Truck Year
I just turned 60,000miles, but I'm thinking about putting tune on mine! any thoughts?

Brian Hartenstine

Nov 11, 2015
Truck Year
Only have 21500 miles on mine in a little over 2 years. I think my average speed since Day 1 is only about 30 miles per hour. (short, easy commute). I have taken numerous trips towing my 5000 lb camper and it performs flawlessly with towing mpg around 15 to 17.
Never had a glitch or complaint, (fingers crossed). I add DEF about every 6000 miles it seems and have been changing the oil at about 7500.
I hope it stays running because I was looking for diesel power, longevity, and flexibility when I bought it. Many years ago I drove semis across the U.S. so I am not totally ignorant on diesel engines but I certainly am no expert and really enjoy reading the discourse on this forum!
Great to know I haven't done any heavy trailer pulling yet, thinking about a toy hauler and not sure how it would do pulling 6000 to 7000lbs.
I also bought mine because diesels are supposed to last over 300k!