• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

90% DPF full

Big B

May 18, 2019
Truck Year
Hello all just new to the group. I was driving my 2014 Big Horn with about 30,000 KM when the computer stated that the filter was 90% full and then it proceeded to regenerate showing % drop as the regeneration was in progress @ highway speeds. I had noticed before filter regeneration my truck had sluggish pickup when passing @ highway speeds. I am wondering if this common or should I be concerned of expensive fix in future. I also noticed oil pressure is not consistent pressure, still runs in normal operating values but the gauge shows lower pressure @ lower RPM. Oil being used 5/40 AMS.

John

Nov 13, 2015
90% is a warning to tell you to drive at hwy speeds to complete the regen. The regen normally starts at 65% and if it's not completed after several attempts you will get a 80% and than a 90% warning. This in not a problem unless you reach 100% and it will require a forced regen.

Oil pressure will fluctuate with RPM's and is not actual, it's a calculated pressure based on iol temp. and RPM.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome aboard john is right start road driving or off to the dealer

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Don't let it reach 100%, Due to its age you should take it to someone with WITech to place the vehicle into Stationary Regen to burn the ash out. It will take at least 3 cycles to clean it out with WITech.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Go on a nice trip to grandma's house. Clean that MAP sensor and put a tune on your truck for continued motoring happiness.

dak8200

May 31, 2020
Truck Year
Go on a nice trip to grandma's house. Clean that MAP sensor and put a tune on your truck for continued motoring happiness.
JohnnyMac, when you say clean the MAP sensor, does it have anything to do with the EGR, or is it just getting dirty from normal air.