• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

A pretty good read

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
That about sum's it up.

We currently are working on DEF Plug and play Module for those Trucks equip with Urea Sensors (The 2014-17 Rams) do Not have this sensor so the Owner can Mix His DEF to Lower concentrate, We did some testing on this back in 2015 and will pick it back up again soon. Most of DEF problems are related to the 32.5% Urea 67.5 DI, 32.5% is very rich and this was API CERT. Their are no Laws against lower concentrate Just the Near 0 PPM NOx, Of course this device won't add power but it will allow lower concentration. Its Simple 32.5% is just not needed to lower NOx to 0. More to come.

Many of us have been running 10-17% concentrate , You can Buy Distilled water and add accordingly and can be purchased at local stores for $0.59-0.89 PG.

Image result for plugged def injector

SofaKingTuned

Dec 31, 2018
Truck Year
You understand what happens when UREA and Diesel mix, yes? ANFO. Home made explosives. THIS IS HORRIBLE!

Think of someone new to diesel, winterizing their vehicle, top off the "wrong" tank with DEF....bomb in the garage. This is NO GOOD

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Hmmmmm, Sofa you clearly do NOT understand.

SofaKingTuned

Dec 31, 2018
Truck Year
Hmmmmm, Sofa you clearly do NOT understand.

What on Earth are you talking about? Why did you waste our lives watching you poor distilled water into a tank?

I am fully aware that you are building a device that fools the ECU into thinking it is using a higher concentrate of UREA?

What we are saying is that urea is extremely volatile and detrimental to the environment. It should be removed from any vehicle immediately. So if you're working to lower the quantity, we completely agree and support this! We believe it should be removed out of the hands of consumers completely.

I'm not sure if you understand what we are saying about the harmful effects of urea.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
WOW...Urea causes DEF Injector Crystallization 32.5% is just not necessary, ( 32.5% increases the risk of DEF failure) . it has left 1000s of owners stranded , many have wanted to delete the DEF completely ( which is clearly a violation of CAA law) its only Time before the EPA shuts down every maker of Device(s) or software that remove emission devices Sofa, I am the person that posted at the worthless 1500diesel.com Mid 2015 that the Eco 3.0 is/was violating NOx standards in fact I was Banned from the worthless site for such comments and Challenging their beloved GDE, If GDE would have followed My recommendation they would Not be shutdown at current and possibly not facing civil fines.

Yes I used the same Fuel analyzer NVFEL uses 32.5% is just a standard API set for $$$ Also when I did My testing in 2015 On Eco the concentrate level at 10-17% lowered the NOx to near 0 95% of normal driving. We are going to pickup the testing again in in Jan/Feb 2020 and will post all the data to show...... the test Trucks will be Cummins/ and D-max.. IMO 1/2 Diesels are dead. At our Dealership FCA they are selling 300+ Gas 1500s/Jeeps to every one 1500/Jeep ( 2017-18) Diesel, and By the Way 32.% is very potent.

Urea and Water are two of the most common element and compound found on earth,
DEF system only needed to lower NOx to near O levels ( Clean up) the EGR and SCR do 90% of the effort to lower NOx

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I opposed turning the 3.0 Until Mid 2018 I tested that inadequate ERG and clean the Plenum every 10K miles , both ERG and plenum needed replacing at 41K Miles...IMO in long term ownership the 3.0 will suck up your wallet after the AEM warranty, the only savior for the fifthly setup is tuning.

FCA took back My Eco and paid me handsomely for it.

SofaKingTuned

Dec 31, 2018
Truck Year
I opposed turning the 3.0 Until Mid 2018 I tested that inadequate ERG and clean the Plenum every 10K miles , both ERG and plenum needed replacing at 41K Miles...IMO in long term ownership the 3.0 will suck up your wallet after the AEM warranty, the only savior for the fifthly setup is tuning.

FCA took back My Eco and paid me handsomely for it.
That's awesome! We fully support you