• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

AEM computer re-flash

Ramman1

Jun 7, 2019
Truck Year
I just had my ecm re-flashed as part of the Fiat-Chrysler recall and clash action lawsuit. It feels like its in limp mode. If the turbo lag was a nuisance before, you are going to hate your truck now.
Has anyone else had it done?
Has anyone done a dyno of a stock eco diesel and then done one after the re-flash? please let me know.
(Mine is a 2016 Lonestar 4x4 bought new and I loved it, until now )

Brian reid

Dec 13, 2016
Truck Year
Just had mine done. Just came back from lake, about 400km or 240 miles. Milage and performance seem the same.

jnfrombigt

Mar 23, 2019
Truck Year
Had mine done a week and half ago. I keep reading the bad experiences posted here and I just am not having that problem. Are there any changes? The first day on the way home from the AEM I noticed engine speed and transmission shift changes but my mileage had not changed. On two test runs later I got 26.2 mpg and 28 and acceleration seems normal. In about a week I'm leaving on a trip that will cover over 6,000 miles with more than half towing a 4500 lb trailer. I intend to do an actual miles/gallons check in addition to the trip computer.

Ramman1

Jun 7, 2019
Truck Year
26 and 28? ive never seen anything above 22, and now im hovering at 16-17 mpg.

Ramman1

Jun 7, 2019
Truck Year
I'm going to get he GDE reflash done they claim it will be more powerful and much faster than factory.

jnfrombigt

Mar 23, 2019
Truck Year
26 and 28? ive never seen anything above 22, and now im hovering at 16-17 mpg.
My last three tests were all 26.2 and above. Different road types and different weather conditions. The last one was in very heavy rain. The tests were mostly highway and interstate. I am a conservative driver and very soft on the pedal. Before I bought the truck I went over dozens of reviews from reliable sources not affiliated with FCA and my experience is what I expected from the reports from those reviewers. My truck has right at 31,000 miles and I bought it at 28,000 miles. From what I've read the GDE tune is not a bad idea. I might do it myself. Now if you drove conservatively before the AEM and never got better than 22 mpg then your truck has issues that mine doesn't and I'm not sure flashing the ECU or TCU will help but I'm certainly no expert. Good Luck!

Ramman1

Jun 7, 2019
Truck Year
You must live in a flat area, even when new I never got that kind of millage, I've put 108,000 on in nearly 3 years. Now its just down right dangerous, The lag has nearly caused me to have multiple accidents. and steep hill climbing is only accomplished with manual shifting to 1st gear. is yours 4x4? mine is