• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Aftermarket Oil/ Fuel Filters

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
Howdy!

Anyone have experience with non-Mopar filters? I picked up a Purolator oil filter today and I’d like a consensus before I throw her in. Thanks in advance!

dmmail101

Dec 19, 2019
Truck Year
I have been using STP filters for the last three oil changes, 18K miles, without any issues. When I change the oil, it looks just as black as when I used the Mopar oil filters.

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
I have been using STP filters for the last three oil changes, 18K miles, without any issues. When I change the oil, it looks just as black as when I used the Mopar oil filters.

Good to know! I’ll throw this Purolator in and hope for the best.

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
You could always do an oil analysis to see where it's at. It takes a few to get a good data set but worth it!

I might give it a shot. WIX testing lab is based in Georgia, not too far from me. I’ll have to reach out to them for recommended testing intervals. Great idea!

Geoling

Dec 18, 2019
Truck Year
I’ve had a ‘14 since May of 15. Initially I had to get filters from the dealer, Mopar. Later NAPA had them available, then the shop brand became available, Mighty. Look at the filters closely (kind of), the Mighty box had the exact same filter as the Mopar. The NAPA box had a “made in Italy” filter but it did not look like the Mopar, which was made in Italy too btw. My point is these sellers will get a filter where they can to create a part number they can sell. It may not be from their normal supplier just because it’s in their box.

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
I’ve had a ‘14 since May of 15. Initially I had to get filters from the dealer, Mopar. Later NAPA had them available, then the shop brand became available, Mighty. Look at the filters closely (kind of), the Mighty box had the exact same filter as the Mopar. The NAPA box had a “made in Italy” filter but it did not look like the Mopar, which was made in Italy too btw. My point is these sellers will get a filter where they can to create a part number they can sell. It may not be from their normal supplier just because it’s in their box.
Interesting...the Purolator fit perfectly and hell, I’m out of warranty anyway. Good to know!

Geoling

Dec 18, 2019
Truck Year
Interesting...the Purolator fit perfectly and hell, I’m out of warranty anyway. Good to know!

I grew up in the parts business. I know how they operate. Also, you cannot void your warranty as long as you use an OEM equal filter