• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Another ecodiesel failure

Robin Mills

Feb 11, 2018
Truck Year
I have a 2016 ram bighorn ecodiesel. At 76000 miles main bearing failed. Luckily still under warranty. Waiting for a new engine but the dealership says it is on backorder and no idea when they will find one. Going on 5 weeks. Dealership did all of my oil changes on time with the correct 5w40. Nobody knows why it failed

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome. Glad you're under warranty, and even better since the dealer maintained the truck. They really can't point any fingers now..

Keep us updated on the engine progress.

RamKen

Dec 14, 2018
Truck Year
I'm new here. Own a beautiful 2016 Ran ecodiesel 2016 that has been in dealership for 4 months. First entire fuel system replaced and not a new motor. Does anyone here have incite into how long it takes to get these warranty jobs done? 46,000 miles on my truck. Really missing my truck.

CaptainMal

Oct 26, 2015
Truck Year
FOUR ( like in 4) MONTHS??? That's a joke, right?

No way does any reasonable repair, warranty or not, tie up your vehicle for that long. Hope they gave you a loaner.

Now for such an extended period of time I would start guessing they do not know what they are doing and have a wrong diagnosis. Another guess is they don't give a "darn" about you and are doing nothing.

You are long past time for starting legal action. Contact FCA Customer Service and start a star case on the issue. Start that 3 1/2 months AGO.

Would have been better had you started your own thread on your own issue. This thread is from Robin Mills.

RamKen

Dec 14, 2018
Truck Year
FOUR ( like in 4) MONTHS??? That's a joke, right?

No way does any reasonable repair, warranty or not, tie up your vehicle for that long. Hope they gave you a loaner.

Now for such an extended period of time I would start guessing they do not know what they are doing and have a wrong diagnosis. Another guess is they don't give a "darn" about you and are doing nothing.

You are long past time for starting legal action. Contact FCA Customer Service and start a star case on the issue. Start that 3 1/2 months AGO.

Would have been better had you started your own thread on your own issue. This thread is from Robin Mills.

Well....... I started the FCA customer service representative a LONG TIME AGO. They did pay for my rental for 5 weeks. Would still be paying but I didn't want to pay for the two little pieces of insurance that no one knows you need so I bought a new car to run while waiting. Parts took 9 weeks to get in. Now they are dealing with obtaining a motor. I'm well on top of this. Legal threats don't help. They thought I wasn't the original owner. Had all that screwed up. Finally found out I was and that's fine but they would not buy back a vehicle from a second owner. All in all most dealers have no technicians to do this type of intense work. I was told by four other dealers not to bring my truck there as they could not work on it. Many had lost their techs too.