• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Another ED hits 400,000 miles

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
Ye ole Ecodiesel hits 400,000 miles yesterday coming home. Talked to fellow transporter James his is at 428,000 miles. Ye ol girl took a 6,500 pound 27" floorplan Airstream from Ohio to Cali. This time I was coming home empty so I was babying her as usual. For those that don't know the original motor pushed a head gasket at 371,000 miles due to low coolant from a leaking EGR cooler. So alway keep tabs on the coolant level in your degas tank or get a tune and an EGR cooler delete kit. Also the original odometer stopped working as they all due at 1 million kilometers or 621,371.9 miles.

This motor has been tuned from day one (risking the precious warranty oh the horrors) so no emissions or emissions cooler problems. Not that this is anything super special. Lots of Cummins do the same only that this is not a heavy duty industrial grade engine but rather the soft riding 1500 with the quiet smooth light duty fuel sipper diesel.

04AF1486-D410-40DB-9A36-27E8031FDBA3.jpeg

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year
Congratulations, Vern! 400,000 miles is a huge milestone! I'm hoping that you or James will hit 500,000 miles!

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Vern,
Same as I said on the other forum, you are the record holder, the champ. Congrats!