• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Any EGR Delete Tips or Tricks?

chrisr938

Jan 2, 2018
Truck Year
Hello all. My 2015 EcoDiesel is at the dealer right now for a P04DB code and noticeable coolant loss. They called earlier and said it’s a leaking EGR cooler which will cost a whopping $2289 + tax to replace. (And the part is backordered, just to add a little salt to the wound). I told them no way, and I’m going to pick the truck up before they close today. I called GDE and talked to them about what I needed to do to get rid of the EGR cooler and ordered parts. Altogether I spent around $1400 for a GDE tune, Sasquatch Parts competition delete kit, and a Edge Insight CTS2 to replace my old Scan Gauge 2.

Does anyone have any experience with the Sasquatch kit? Are there any special tools I will need? Any general tips or advice is welcome.

I look forward to getting the parts in and getting the truck back to work.

Scottd

Apr 23, 2017
Truck Year
Following this thread....as this exact thing will be in my future! Thanks for asking the question.

Scottd

Apr 23, 2017
Truck Year
I did look at that one, just went with the Sasquatch kit because that’s what GDE recommended to me over the phone.

I will be going with the Sasquatch kit also. It seems more complete to me.....just looking at the pics on their website.

I haven’t found anyone that installed it before though.

chrisr938

Jan 2, 2018
Truck Year
Got everything buttoned back up this afternoon and drove the truck for the first time in a week. I was a little startled when the truck started and immediately a message popped up telling me that the DPF was at 90% and to get my butt on the highway. I complied and a regen started, it probably took 15 miles to complete.

The delete took some time, probably a little more than I figured. The T40 or T35 (maybe model year dependent?) was an absolute pain in the rear end for me, and it’s existence seems like overkill. However, it is there, and it’s securing the cooler onto a bracket that’s mounted on the back of block. The Sasquatch kit came with all the necessary pieces and everything fit well, just as it was designed. I checked for coolant leaks twice after driving, and will probably do so again for the next few days. No codes, no coolant loss, no lack of cabin heat, so as of right now, everything seems good.

Thanks to Sasquatch Parts and Green Diesel Engineering for helping promote the aftermarket for this great platform.

Scottd

Apr 23, 2017
Truck Year
Got everything buttoned back up this afternoon and drove the truck for the first time in a week. I was a little startled when the truck started and immediately a message popped up telling me that the DPF was at 90% and to get my butt on the highway. I complied and a regen started, it probably took 15 miles to complete.

The delete took some time, probably a little more than I figured. The T40 or T35 (maybe model year dependent?) was an absolute pain in the rear end for me, and it’s existence seems like overkill. However, it is there, and it’s securing the cooler onto a bracket that’s mounted on the back of block. The Sasquatch kit came with all the necessary pieces and everything fit well, just as it was designed. I checked for coolant leaks twice after driving, and will probably do so again for the next few days. No codes, no coolant loss, no lack of cabin heat, so as of right now, everything seems good.

Thanks to Sasquatch Parts and Green Diesel Engineering for helping promote the aftermarket for this great platform.

That’s great news. Did the Sasquatch kit have good instructions?

Scottd

Apr 23, 2017
Truck Year
That have a pretty detailed, 28 page PDF. So, yes, I will say they were good instructions.

Awesome!!! I have no doubt that I can do this when the time comes myself, it’s just nice to know for a fact that it can be done by the backyard mechanic.

Ledtimmy

Sep 12, 2018
Truck Year
How did that T40 come off?! I've been wrestling with it all day. The bit seats fine, but the thing is just stuck and I'm scared of stripping the thing. I've been using pent rating lube, small break wrench, and a flex drive. Won't budge...

Bomb33

Jul 28, 2018
Truck Year
I didn't do those exact ones but on some of the rusted bolts I took off try to tighten it first. Sometimes it breaks that seal that is keeping it from loosening. Worth a shot.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Correct me if I’m wrong, but if you’re doing an EGR delete, isn’t the cooler pointless? So in other words leave the PITA torx bolt in and just cut the bracket that holds the cooler itself....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledtimmy

Sep 12, 2018
Truck Year
Wrestled the T40 long enough. Reached back to snap a picture of it and it's stripped. This is the EGR being held on the bracket only. I should have just cut it and saved my time.

Attachments

• 20180916_191922.jpg
    20180916_191922.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 223
  • 20180916_181353.jpg
    20180916_181353.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 214