• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anyone have a dash cam in thier ride?

solarvic

Jun 28, 2015
Truck Year
I want to install a dash cam in my new charger that I traded the eco-diesel on. I have the 8.4 radio that the truck had. Some woman backed into the front of the charger when it was parked. There was someone with a dash cam that was waiting for to get parked and he got the accident on his dash cam. He sent me a copy and it helped me to find her at fault. So now I am a believer in getting a dash cam. So after doing research I find that there are hundreds to choose from. Anyone here have one that they have or recommend? Solarvic

xXTypeOXx

Aug 14, 2018
Truck Year
I just picked one up for my ecodiesel, just because it gives me piece of mind if anything does happen. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on it but i did do a little research and ended up with this one..... So far it works well. Its small and light and has pit stop mode so it will record even if your parked.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077KTXB7K/?tag=jhdiesel-20

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

SignGuy

Sep 26, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I have a couple of these Magellan dash cam's One in my Camry and I took this out of my Silverado and will put it in my new Ram https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IY3LBWK/?tag=jhdiesel-20 I've taken some video and photo stills off it. I got it for piece of mind also and it seems to do a decent job. I've had them for at least 6 months and maybe even a year in the car. It's inexpensive and does the job. I have all the alerts and stuff turned off. I don't think the "lane departure" part is that good unless you have it totally in the center of the windshield and I don't worry about it anyway. Best of luck!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.