• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banks intake and GDE hot tune (full delete)

jbutler

Aug 10, 2019
Truck Year
Hello all looking to do full delete on my 2015 Ecodiesel larime just ordered my GDE hot tune off road and banks intake and throttle spacer. Looking for a little advise from those out there that have done so already. With the intake swap do I need to also get EGR block kit? I see sasquatch was pretty popular but seems they don't make it anymore. Suggestions? Does anyone make a turbo back to dual exhaust complete kit for race use only or offroad aka no extra bull just straight pipe.

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
you probably should do a block, otherwise you'll have a diffuser tube with no where to go if you're doing banks intakes... may as well pull off the egr cooler too and do a stage 2 delete cause those are prone to leaking anyway and are not worth replacing unless they are under warranty. if you're gde tuned, you don't need that stuff on there anyway (just save it in case you sell the truck and need to put it back on..)

jbutler

Aug 10, 2019
Truck Year
cds13ca have you already done a stage 2? which kit did you use or they all pretty similar?

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
No, I haven't done stage 2 yet. I only have GDE so at least I know that the EGR is shut off.

My stock egr cooler started leaking around 56000 km, and I had it replaced under warranty. So I figure I'm OK for a while, but once I roll 100,000 - 110,000 km, I'll watch my coolant very carefully, if not sooner..

If the new cooler starts leaking, I'll definitely be doing stage 2 at that point cause I won't have a warranty on the cooler (in canada, no extended warranty), and I'm not dropping $3000 on some crappy cooler that I have to keep replacing every 2-3 years...

Check EBAY or do a google search for ecodiesel egr stage 2 delete kits. I've seen some kits there too, maybe post a message asking others what kits they used? Some may be better than others.

jbutler

Aug 10, 2019
Truck Year
carlhenry is your flowpro the entire system? everything Im seeing is either filter back or turbo to muffler not the entire system.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Full system it either came from eBay or amazon it is separate one b x for fr one box for rear

jbutler

Aug 10, 2019
Truck Year
would like to keep the factory system intact incase I would need to reinstall in the future so would prefer to have a full second system

jbutler

Aug 10, 2019
Truck Year
cds13ca did you do just the hot tune or hot tune offroad? how do you like it did it help the turbo lag from start?

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
I just have hot tune, I love it, no more lag from start, when I need her to go, she goes! If I need to pass someone, she goes. No more close calls!

I regen every 1100 - 1200 km with gde instead of 150-200 km from stock, mpg are better.

I'd hesitate with that egr kit listed above, there's NO reviews on it... Do you really want to be the guinea pig who tries it...

Here's a few, but they are canadian, good for me, are you in canada or the states?

jbutler

Aug 10, 2019
Truck Year
Im in the states but they may ship to me thanks. Ya for sure don't like the guinea pig thing that's why I didn't already order.

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
Im in the states but they may ship to me thanks. Ya for sure don't like the guinea pig thing that's why I didn't already order.
i'm sure you can find the kit in the states, ask around someone's gotta know where you can get one, have you visited the other ecodiesel forum?

jbutler

Aug 10, 2019
Truck Year
I have seems a lot of the stuff others have used are no longer available for some reason

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
jbutler, try this one, it's in the states:

Just double check that it will delete the egr cooler and egr, the picture doesn't seem to show all the same pieces as the other kits.

And here's another:

Jon.Silverson

Aug 12, 2019
Truck Year
This is probably a stupid question, but is there a way to "delete" the cooler but leave the EGR in place for emissions purposes?

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
This is probably a stupid question, but is there a way to "delete" the cooler but leave the EGR in place for emissions purposes?

You can get tuned, shut off the egr electronically, leave all the egr hardware intact for the visual emission inspection. I wonder if they are able to detect if egr is shut off??