• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Bed Racks and Tonneaus

autoX

Nov 6, 2022
Truck Year
I have a light vinyl folding cover by Galaxy that's pretty good. I replaced the heavy finger killer hard panel cover that I had there. So wanted to keep that tonneau but there is no room to install racks. The integrated systems are $$$ and don't like that option much as they usually have slider covers.

Anyway I got a rack on-sale locally for $275CAD, put my design cap on. Have modified the cover to create something that looks like it will work as I wanted. Will post a pix soon

autoX

Nov 6, 2022
Truck Year
Here's the handi-work - propped up some boards and bikes for the pix, The fabrication I did was:
Modified cover frame (tailgate) for rack clearance
Two holes up front for supports
4x EV A Foam blocks, velcro in at the 4 points
2x 100mmAcetal bike skewer mounts, tapped with 4x M6 bolts to mount to rack brackets
Cut the rack hoops for bungie cord tie downs
2015 Laramie Diesel (deleted/tune) 30K miles, 2nd engine.
IMG_3511.jpg

IMG_3510.jpg

IMG_3512.jpg

Cbelt

May 3, 2022
Truck Year
Here's the handi-work - propped up some boards and bikes for the pix, The fabrication I did was:
Modified cover frame (tailgate) for rack clearance
Two holes up front for supports
4x EV A Foam blocks, velcro in at the 4 points
2x 100mmAcetal bike skewer mounts, tapped with 4x M6 bolts to mount to rack brackets
Cut the rack hoops for bungie cord tie downs
2015 Laramie Diesel (deleted/tune) 30K miles, 2nd engine.
View attachment 4007

View attachment 4009

View attachment 4011
Wish I could do that with Ram boxes.