• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Best year to buy, and what should I do for bulletproofing.

Ohioram6228

Mar 16, 2020
So I sold my 13 ram Hemi about a year ago and started saving for a eco diesel. I loved the truck and I had a 6in suspension lift , 3 in body and leveled on 37s. Just hated the 9mpg cityish and 11 hwy I got. I put 86,000 on my car in 2 years and put 26,000 on the ram the two years before I sold it while driving both consistently. So I drive a hell of a lot, mostly country and hwy.

What year would be the best Eco diesel to get?

I’ve seen some people stay away from the 14s, they changed the cam slip issue for 16 and up but haven’t seen much on it. I plan on getting one and keeping it forever I love the rams. My 96 1500 that my grandpa gave me has 380,000 on her and the odometer stoped 7 years ago and she’s still going ( the trans hates it’s self but still going).

Should I delete and tune right away? Or ride the warranty out first ?

What should I get done to have the longest engine life possible?

I don’t mind pitching some money down on preventable issues that save my ass in the long run. I got 433,000 on my 05 Acura TSX before my sister totaled her on my last deployment. I’d love to try and beat that with an eco diesel.

I plan on getting a 6in lift and running 37s and getting Deleting, tuning and anything engine wise done for reliability done before lifting.Is there any shops that anyone would recommend to get the cam slip issue fixed or get some sort of bulletproofing done ?

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
First off, thank you for your service! It's kind of hard to offer advice on what to do to "save" your engine, but the consensus seems to say to eliminate DEF, EGR, DPF, CAT, BANKS INTAKE & a tune. I think soot buildup occurs when doing short trips where the engine never fully warms up, I haven't done any mods on my 17 yet and remain on the fence. There is a recall on 14-18 models, and possibly the 19's for the EGR cooler leaking, this was a problem for INTERNATIONAL/FORD 6.0 LITER ENGINES and maybe others too. Any mods that are emissions related are illegal and may affect the ability to pass emissions testing. I love my ECO with the exception of the little bit of pedal lag when ya romp it, I installed an AFE throttle booster and it helps a lot, but it still has a little. I also run 2 aftermarket gauge packages that connect through the OBD port to monitor things I want to keep an eye on, I also letting the truck idle for a little while after driving to allow the turbo to cool down a bit before shutting it down to help prevent "coking" the turbo bearings. I bought mine in December of last year, just over 14000 miles, getting around 20mpg in town, 23-25 mixed, and have seen over 28 on the highway, all hand calculated.

SofaKingTuned

Dec 31, 2018
Truck Year
So I sold my 13 ram Hemi about a year ago and started saving for a eco diesel. I loved the truck and I had a 6in suspension lift , 3 in body and leveled on 37s. Just hated the 9mpg cityish and 11 hwy I got. I put 86,000 on my car in 2 years and put 26,000 on the ram the two years before I sold it while driving both consistently. So I drive a hell of a lot, mostly country and hwy.

What year would be the best Eco diesel to get?

I’ve seen some people stay away from the 14s, they changed the cam slip issue for 16 and up but haven’t seen much on it. I plan on getting one and keeping it forever I love the rams. My 96 1500 that my grandpa gave me has 380,000 on her and the odometer stoped 7 years ago and she’s still going ( the trans hates it’s self but still going).

Should I delete and tune right away? Or ride the warranty out first ?

What should I get done to have the longest engine life possible?

I don’t mind pitching some money down on preventable issues that save my ass in the long run. I got 433,000 on my 05 Acura TSX before my sister totaled her on my last deployment. I’d love to try and beat that with an eco diesel.

I plan on getting a 6in lift and running 37s and getting Deleting, tuning and anything engine wise done for reliability done before lifting.Is there any shops that anyone would recommend to get the cam slip issue fixed or get some sort of bulletproofing done ?
SFT Tune, zzdiesel.com for exhaust parts, noecodelete.com for EGR parts.

We thank you for your service. SFT is owned/operated by combat Vets. We honor military discount. Please contact us for further info.