• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

beware of the banks ecodiesel crate engine?

worsttruckever

Feb 18, 2021
Truck Year
Hi guys, wanted to share an experience, in my search for a replacement engine, I happened across the banks site, Which has a ad for a banks built 3.0 ecodiesel, the funny thing is the specs for the engine they list looks like a copy/paste job from the mopar site. same horsepower and torque numbers, pretty much exactly like oem. the real kicker is the $28,000 price tag. So as i do, I asked questions about it. I asked what modifications and upgrades were included at that price point, To please explain the price, the call was terminated. Now I cannot say there aren't upgraded parts INSIDE that engine, but everything on the outside is oem. It looks like Banks is buying stock engines, slapping a banks power plastic engine cover on it, and marking it up 20k. There is of course the chance I'm a dumbass, but it looks fishy. anyone have input on this? and i still need an engine, anybody have one?

jcj1576

May 6, 2018
Truck Year
For $28k I'd be buying a new truck unless that crate motor was a fire breathing dragon.