• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Biggest tire size for stock height truck?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
The factory tires are 33's, for example with 20" rims the 275/60(%sidewall profile of tire width) it's a 33" tire with factory sra's.

You can go to a 65 series tire (for a 17" rim just the same, add 5 profile) which is roughly a 34 and still clear everything without any rub. Speedo's off just a few MPH.

Though with air suspension and in entry mode I'd expect some rub in the wheel Wells turning Max.

35"s do need a leveling kit but not a total lift.

Hope this helps if anyone is still questioning it!

Watersupply189

Nov 18, 2015
I changed mine from 20's to 17's and put 295/70R17 but I also put Bilstien 5100 leveling shocks set at 2.1 that is the biggest tire I could put on without having to put a lift kit on it.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
But you don't have factory rims so did your offset change and or rim width on the 17s? I have heard 285 series to fit but not 295 factory. Even with front leveling

Watersupply189

Nov 18, 2015
But you don't have factory rims so did your offset change and or rim width on the 17s? I have heard 285 series to fit but not 295 factory. Even with front leveling
Yes sir they fit. Of course I can barely fit my finger between the tire and upper control arm but it doesn't rub what so ever. My speedometer is only off by 1 mph. I checked it via radar. The rim width is 8