• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Blown '15 Eco @ 124K Suggestions?

williamlwright

May 12, 2022
Truck Year
Well I joined the blown eco family in Feb of 2022. Coming home from STL and she left me stranded about 4 hours from home. Just got notice that the engine is in and is supposedly to be done this week. Engine installed 06/26 and the tech got covid. About 4 months from engine delivery and install but Ram Care covered the replacement when EG Assurance wouldn't. Went through the EGR drama (down for 2 months) which included a new turbo and exhaust (or at least cats) and glow plug issues. Have the extended warranty like I said through EGR and the class action of which both are about to run out. I read comments about people being on their third engines and am worried that might happen to me too (once a lemon always a lemon). Truck being down has cost me about $6k not to mention not having my truck and having to drive the old Nitro with no AC in 100 plus temperatures... LOL. Soooo... Big Question, I know the market is crap, everyone is gouging for used trucks and... I'm still making payments but trade in prices are extremely high. Should I get out of her for fear of another engine or ride it out with the new or remanufactured engine. I have no indication if there will be additional warranty coverage with what I am guessing is a reman'd engine but most likely not. Love the truck but just can't afford another engine and a non-running truck isn't worth crap if she goes down in the near future. Thanks in advance.

Will

DATA

Jul 8, 2021
Truck Year
Well I joined the blown eco family in Feb of 2022. Coming home from STL and she left me stranded about 4 hours from home. Just got notice that the engine is in and is supposedly to be done this week. Engine installed 06/26 and the tech got covid. About 4 months from engine delivery and install but Ram Care covered the replacement when EG Assurance wouldn't. Went through the EGR drama (down for 2 months) which included a new turbo and exhaust (or at least cats) and glow plug issues. Have the extended warranty like I said through EGR and the class action of which both are about to run out. I read comments about people being on their third engines and am worried that might happen to me too (once a lemon always a lemon). Truck being down has cost me about $6k not to mention not having my truck and having to drive the old Nitro with no AC in 100 plus temperatures... LOL. Soooo... Big Question, I know the market is crap, everyone is gouging for used trucks and... I'm still making payments but trade in prices are extremely high. Should I get out of her for fear of another engine or ride it out with the new or remanufactured engine. I have no indication if there will be additional warranty coverage with what I am guessing is a reman'd engine but most likely not. Love the truck but just can't afford another engine and a non-running truck isn't worth crap if she goes down in the near future. Thanks in advance.

Will
Was the original engine stock? Or did it have a tune? And did you buy new? Thanks and good luck in your decision

williamlwright

May 12, 2022
Truck Year
Well... Went and picked her up today. Supposedly new engine. No r in the engine number for reman'd. Ran good for the first 300ish miles I put on her. No improvements from previous sluggish concerns but not unexpected. Got about 20 mpg running 75 on 32 12.50's per the tripometer. Will recalculate tomorrow when I fill her up.