• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

BlueDriver settings

NPV

Jul 22, 2020
Truck Year
Just purchased a BlueDriver to try and stay ahead of DPF problems. Suggestions for which gauges to monitor? And what readings would be problematic. Also, the Diesel Aftertreatment Status messages are almost impossible to read when driving.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I'm assuming the bluedriver is an OBD2 reader? What app are you monitoring with, I used a scangauge2 and programmed it for soot mass & REGEN status, those will be the most important IMO, but there is one exhaust temp that may help, I think it is SCR temp. My 2017 doesn't display any After treatment status which is why I purchased aftermarket OBD 2 gauges. I'm now using an EDGE CTS 3, but think I should have bought a CTS 2.

NPV

Jul 22, 2020
Truck Year
Thanks. BlueDriver is an OBD reader with its own app. I figured out on a recent trip to Seattle towing an airstream which parameters would be helpful. The BlueDriver has some faults. The product rep told me I need to upgrade the software. Hopefully that will help.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Pertinent data that I monitor with an Edge CTS3:

Regen on or off
% soot (active regen starts at 66% if coolant temps are at proper level)
EGT3 is DPF Inlet (active regen data)

Exhaust manifold temp (overheating/overloading causes engine breakdown)
EGT1 is pre-turbo (exhaust manifold temp - sensor in passenger side exhaust manifold)

The remaining EGT sensors:
EGT2 is DOC Inlet (After turbo) No need to monitor
EGT4 is SCR Inlet (DPF outlet - the DEF user) No need to monitor – no PID available

I monitor 8 more PIDs for misc things none related to exhaust or regen data.

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks. BlueDriver is an OBD reader with its own app. I figured out on a recent trip to Seattle towing an airstream which parameters would be helpful. The BlueDriver has some faults. The product rep told me I need to upgrade the software. Hopefully that will help.
I use bluedriver as well, but I'm curious as to what faults you are experiencing?
Now I did notice that the app needs to be closed when truck is shut off as it doesn't automatically reconnect on start up if left running.

NPV

Jul 22, 2020
Truck Year
The unit disconnects randomly. To get it working again I have to reboot the iphone and then re-enter the parameters I want to monitor. For me, its all about continuously monitoring the DPF when pulling a travel trailer. I'm trying to make sure I don't get into a limp mode situation far from home.

NPV

Jul 22, 2020
Truck Year
Pertinent data that I monitor with an Edge CTS3:

Regen on or off
% soot (active regen starts at 66% if coolant temps are at proper level)
EGT3 is DPF Inlet (active regen data)

Exhaust manifold temp (overheating/overloading causes engine breakdown)
EGT1 is pre-turbo (exhaust manifold temp - sensor in passenger side exhaust manifold)

The remaining EGT sensors:
EGT2 is DOC Inlet (After turbo) No need to monitor
EGT4 is SCR Inlet (DPF outlet - the DEF user) No need to monitor – no PID available

I monitor 8 more PIDs for misc things none related to exhaust or regen data.

Thanks. I am monitoring the same with the Blue Driver when pulling my travel trailer. Hopefully it will allow me to avoid the dreaded limp mode when camping.

Highmarkmiked

Aug 21, 2020
Truck Year
Hello Im new, I apologize for jumping in on this thread, but I was hoping you guys with some past knowledge could help me with my newly purchased CTS3 monitor. I bought it expecting to hook it up and see all these parameters that people are talking about, regen, soot level, multiple egt's, all the things I wanted. I cant figure out what Im doing wrong with the monitor as I see none of these. Ive got a 2015 ecodiesel, is it my truck ecm that wont allow access?? Did I just by a fancy dash light that tells me rpm and speed. Please clue me in if you can.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
You have to search, select and install the screens that you want to use, up to three. You have to search, select and install the PIDs you want to use and where on your screen you want them to appear. If you want any warnings or alerts you have to select and install for each PID. The only PIDs that appear automatically are the ones that Edge puts on every new unit.

Here's what I am monitoring:
Edge CTS3 1500 Screen-50.jpg

Highmarkmiked

Aug 21, 2020
Truck Year
You have to search, select and install the screens that you want to use, up to three. You have to search, select and install the PIDs you want to use and where on your screen you want them to appear. If you want any warnings or alerts you have to select and install for each PID. The only PIDs that appear automatically are the ones that Edge puts on every new unit.

Here's what I am monitoring:
View attachment 3060
Thanks for the help John. So I have all the same PID's, I just need to figure out how to access them. I did not see the option to pull these in. Ill have to read the instructions better I guess. Thanks again.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Thanks for the help John. So I have all the same PID's, I just need to figure out how to access them. I did not see the option to pull these in. Ill have to read the instructions better I guess. Thanks again.
You'll find it's very easy. Once you get the screen you want to use just double tap any PID. That will bring up a menu of PIDs by type. Just select the one you want and it will replace the one you tapped. The PIDs IMO are not indexed well, you just have to keep searching around the menu to find what you wand.

Also. if you tap the bottom of the screen a menu of things you can do will appear. Such as the search for trouble codes

Highmarkmiked

Aug 21, 2020
Truck Year
You'll find it's very easy. Once you get the screen you want to use just double tap any PID. That will bring up a menu of PIDs by type. Just select the one you want and it will replace the one you tapped. The PIDs IMO are not indexed well, you just have to keep searching around the menu to find what you wand.

Also. if you tap the bottom of the screen a menu of things you can do will appear. Such as the search for trouble codes
Im confused now because I did do the double tap on each PID and the list that came up was minimal, I didn't see any egt's or the other parameters that your monitoring??? Ill have to have another look tonight. Are they disguised with odd names, because I did see a bunch of knock sensor stuff and other labels which meant nothing to me??

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
You are probably looking at the standard menu. Click on the advanced tab