• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Bullet Proof Diesel EGR Cooler?

7000'Ram

Dec 7, 2019
Truck Year
Is the EGR cooler the primary fault of these trucks and would a Bullet Proof EGR change the reliability of my 2016 Laramie? I am weighing the idea of having one installed by - BulletProofDiesel or waiting on the recall. Has anyone installed one of these?

I love my truck but am freaked out by these forums (maybe I should just shut my computer and be happy with the truck!)

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I chose to tune mine off. It’ll turn back on when the recall has parts available and I’m taking my aem money and it’ll pay for the tuner and exhaust delete and egr delete and leave money in my pocket. It’s failure is eminent.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
A few months ago they may have specialized in delete kits, and would have pushed those products but now they are in the business of selling EGR coolers so keep that in mind when listening to his pitch. It is probably an upgrade over OEM part, and if I were to need/want to replace mine I would give it a look. But I'm not in that camp. If needed, I will physically delete the EGR and never look back. I can justify it's environmental impact.

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
Considering there is no CARB EO associated with this part, then it is the same as a tune...illegal, according to EPA interpretation of tampering rules. Second part, this cooler would not pass the required emission testing to obtain an EO based on it's design. The Stock EGR cooler is a plate style and this one is a shell and tube. Two major differences are the pressure drop across cooler will be less than stock cooler and the temperature drop across cooler will be less. This cooler will not allow for the same egr flow for the same system delta P, it would require a new engine calibration to have a chance at passing emission testing.

Last edited:

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Doesn't look like they even offer a 3.0L cooler. So you can go in for your dealership 'fix' whenever that may be, or delete and be done with it.