• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Buy Back possibility after AEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyMac

May 19, 2019
Truck Year
Saw this on another EcoD site. I cut and pasted so it's not my info. I didn't see it on any of the other threads so apologize if I missed it posted someplace else here on EDR. Just thought I'd pass it on.

Possible ram ecodiesel buy back>>>please read

Hello all. My name is Gary...Kabitz I thought I would come here with the info I got today via phone conversation with (THEE) law firm that started and who is handling the Class action lawsuit suit against FCA. Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein. I reached out to Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein on July 29th to let them know the problems I'm having after the AEM, as are many here and elsewhere... loss of MPG and loss of power upon acceleration. FYI. I have been back to the dealership for this and they said everything checked out fine, no problems and that they couldn't find anything wrong with my truck... forward... Today 8/1/2019 I received an email from Amanda Poole who is the Senior Paralegal for Lead Counsel handling the class action case,she asked me for my best contact number so she could call me. Well, she promptly called me back and we had a very interesting conversation. She said, in brief, If you have had the AEM completed on your Ram Ecodiesel and you are experiencing loss of power and loss of mpg to please take your Ecodiesel to (the dealer) clearly explain to them the issues your having and to have them run a diagnostic on your vehicle and retain ALL the paper work they give you. Repeat this visit to the dealership (4 times) For lack of a better phrase, If they can come up with a higher weighted percentage of ecodiesels owners with this problem and no fix, they will be pursuing a BUY-BACK suit against FCA. And yes it's OK to receive your $3075.00 settlement check. this is a nonissue. She also stated that a Buy Back would happen much much faster in this case... 90 days once they have enough people on board. her words not mine. So there you have it...maybe we could make this a sticky...... PS I ain't no Ernest Hemingway. Contact Amanda Poole Senior Paralegal. [email protected] (415 956 1000) (415 956 1008)

spread the word.

Kabitz

Aug 2, 2019
Truck Year
Hello all. My name is Gary...Kabitz I thought I would come here with the info I got today via phone conversation with (THEE) law firm that started and who is handling the Class action lawsuit suit against FCA. Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein. I reached out to Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein on July 29th to let them know the problems I'm having after the AEM, as are many here and elsewhere... loss of MPG and loss of power upon acceleration. FYI. I have been back to the dealership for this and they said everything checked out fine, no problems and that they couldn't find anything wrong with my truck... forward... Today 8/1/2019 I received an email from Amanda Poole who is the Senior Paralegal for Lead Counsel handling the class action case,she asked me for my best contact number so she could call me. Well, she promptly called me back and we had a very interesting conversation. She said, in brief, If you have had the AEM completed on your Ram Ecodiesel and you are experiencing loss of power and loss of mpg to please take your Ecodiesel to (the dealer) clearly explain to them the issues your having and to have them run a diagnostic on your vehicle and retain ALL the paper work they give you. Repeat this visit to the dealership (4 times) For lack of a better phrase, If they can come up with a higher weighted percentage of ecodiesels owners with this problem and no fix, they will be pursuing a BUY-BACK suit against FCA. And yes it's OK to receive your $3075.00 settlement check. this is a nonissue. She also stated that a Buy Back would happen much much faster in this case... 90 days once they have enough people on board. her words not mine. So there you have it...maybe we could make this a sticky...... PS I ain't no Ernest Hemingway. Contact Amanda Poole Senior Paralegal. [email protected] (415 956 1000) (415 956 1008)

spread the word.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I think there is a song about that.... beautiful dreamer....

Kabitz

Aug 2, 2019
Truck Year
You think the Law Firm is dreaming ?
Remember now, they reached out to me with this info.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
They settled they paid out they cashed their three thousand dollar check case closed vw case the blood suckers went for buy back and got it case closed I think it is called double jeopardy only one trial per case

Kabitz

Aug 2, 2019
Truck Year
You think?
I'll tell ya what. I put this info on here to be of some help.
If you feel the info doesn't apply to you then simply move along without remarks.
If you have some helpful info that is real world stuff then please... share it with us.

Best

gsalty54

Aug 7, 2019
Truck Year
My 2016 ha been experiencing poor throttle response since the recall reflash. The hesitation from a dead stop is scary when pulling into traffic. FCA told the courts that the reflash would not affect performance or mpg. It appears that their fix might have corrected an emission issue but created another problem. If enough customers complain the courts will require another solution. Too many owners are complaining about the throttle. FCA claims that performance would not be affected was fraudulent.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome to the group I hope u get your wish but when u sign the refund papers u give up all future flames read the small print

Kabitz

Aug 2, 2019
Truck Year
Welcome to the group I hope u get your wish but when u sign the refund papers u give up all future flames read the small print
Lets have you read the (small print?)...FINE PRINT.

READ READ READ
(Buyback and Lease Termination Remedies). In addition to any protections provided by applicable law (including those referenced in subparagraph 45.e. of the US-CA Consent Decree), Fiat Chrysler must provide a Buyback or Lease Termination to any Eligible Owner or Eligible Lessee of an Eligible Vehicle that receives the Approved Emissions Modification in the event that, during the 18 months or 18,000 miles (whichever comes first) following the completion of the Approved Emissions Modification (the “Remedy Period”), Fiat Chrysler fails to repair or remedy a confirmed failure or malfunction covered by the Extended Warranty and associated with the Approved Emissions Modification (a “Warrantable Failure”) after the Eligible Owner or Eligible Lessee physically presents the Eligible Vehicle to a Dealer for repair of the Warrantable Failure; and (1) the Warrantable Failure is unable to be remedied after making four separate service visits to the same Dealer for the same Warrantable Failure during the Remedy Period; or (2) the Eligible Vehicle with the Warrantable Failure is out-ofservice due to the Warrantable Failure for a cumulative total of thirty (30) days during the Remedy Period, not including any days when the Dealer returns or otherwise tenders the Eligible Vehicle to the customer while the Dealer awaits necessary parts and such vehicle remains Operable.
Elizabeth J. Cabraser (State Bar No. 083151) LIEFF CABRASER HEIMANN & BERNSTEIN, LLP 275 Battery Street, 29th Floor San Francisco, CA 94111-3339 Telephone: (415) 956-1000 Facsimile: (415) 956-1008 Email: [email protected] Lead Counsel for Plaintiffs
Case 3:17-md-02777-EMC Document 508 Filed 01/18/19 Page 1 of 57

Kabitz

Aug 2, 2019
Truck Year
My 2016 ha been experiencing poor throttle response since the recall reflash. The hesitation from a dead stop is scary when pulling into traffic. FCA told the courts that the reflash would not affect performance or mpg. It appears that their fix might have corrected an emission issue but created another problem. If enough customers complain the courts will require another solution. Too many owners are complaining about the throttle. FCA claims that performance would not be affected was fraudulent.

READ READ READ
(Buyback and Lease Termination Remedies). In addition to any protections provided by applicable law (including those referenced in subparagraph 45.e. of the US-CA Consent Decree), Fiat Chrysler must provide a Buyback or Lease Termination to any Eligible Owner or Eligible Lessee of an Eligible Vehicle that receives the Approved Emissions Modification in the event that, during the 18 months or 18,000 miles (whichever comes first) following the completion of the Approved Emissions Modification (the “Remedy Period”), Fiat Chrysler fails to repair or remedy a confirmed failure or malfunction covered by the Extended Warranty and associated with the Approved Emissions Modification (a “Warrantable Failure”) after the Eligible Owner or Eligible Lessee physically presents the Eligible Vehicle to a Dealer for repair of the Warrantable Failure; and (1) the Warrantable Failure is unable to be remedied after making four separate service visits to the same Dealer for the same Warrantable Failure during the Remedy Period; or (2) the Eligible Vehicle with the Warrantable Failure is out-ofservice due to the Warrantable Failure for a cumulative total of thirty (30) days during the Remedy Period, not including any days when the Dealer returns or otherwise tenders the Eligible Vehicle to the customer while the Dealer awaits necessary parts and such vehicle remains Operable.
Elizabeth J. Cabraser (State Bar No. 083151) LIEFF CABRASER HEIMANN & BERNSTEIN, LLP 275 Battery Street, 29th Floor San Francisco, CA 94111-3339 Telephone: (415) 956-1000 Facsimile: (415) 956-1008 Email: [email protected] Lead Counsel for Plaintiffs
Case 3:17-md-02777-EMC Document 508 Filed 01/18/19 Page 1 of 57

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
The buy back would be at current market value, would it not?

May as well just go trade it off now and rid yourself of this stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.