• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Buy with warranty or run?

Gunny45

Jun 25, 2018
Truck Year
I test drove a 2016 ecodiesel today, it has 51000mi and is extremely clean. I drove the truck in a neighborhood two days ago with no issues. Today I get out of dealership and first stop light I came to the warning “Service ETC” came on. I could not go over 35-40mph. We drove back to dealer and the salesman told me that they powered washed the engine bay prior to me getting there. I took the truck back and they are going to look at it tomorrow. If they fix it and I get a 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty should I buy? The truck still has 49,000mi left in power train warranty. What does experience tell you eco owners? Buy with warranty or run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I test drove a 2016 ecodiesel today, it has 51000mi and is extremely clean. I drove the truck in a neighborhood two days ago with no issues. Today I get out of dealership and first stop light I came to the warning “Service ETC” came on. I could not go over 35-40mph. We drove back to dealer and the salesman told me that they powered washed the engine bay prior to me getting there. I took the truck back and they are going to look at it tomorrow. If they fix it and I get a 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty should I buy? The truck still has 49,000mi left in power train warranty. What does experience tell you eco owners? Buy with warranty or run?

If you have the existing warranty, that's a piece of mind. If you plan on keeping the truck long term 5-7+ years, then I would seriously look at an extended warranty.. but that's just me.

Gunny45

Jun 25, 2018
Truck Year
Went back for another test drive. Everything fine until got on highway and reached 60mph. The service ETC came on. Went back to dealer. Gave them the keys and told them to keep it.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Went back for another test drive. Everything fine until got on highway and reached 60mph. The service ETC came on. Went back to dealer. Gave them the keys and told them to keep it.

Probably not a bad idea. Plenty more used ones out there to choose from. That's some bad luck though.

Gunny45

Jun 25, 2018
Truck Year
Found another just as pretty with less miles. Just waiting for the dealer to come down off their $33,000.00 OTD price. It is a 2016 crew cab, 4x4, big horn, 3.55 with tow package, has 30,000mi, clean and no codes. I also like the granite crystal color and the front bench seat.

Gunny45

Jun 25, 2018
Truck Year
I want to be under $30,000.00 Out The Door.

Richh3

Jul 5, 2018
Truck Year
I just bought mine last week. After weeks of looking. 2016 bighorn 4x4 3.92 14,990 Miles for $32,000 otd. Original price was $36,599. There out there and it’s possible. Keep at it and good luck.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I just bought mine last week. After weeks of looking. 2016 bighorn 4x4 3.92 14,990 Miles for $32,000 otd. Original price was $36,599. There out there and it’s possible. Keep at it and good luck.

Welcome @Richh3! Glad to have you here!

Curtis Floyd

Aug 6, 2018
Truck Year
The 100,000 mile warranty is on the diesel only , I don’t think it covers anything attached to the engine