• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

By Pass Filter

bob1340

Jun 29, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
I know the benefit of a bypass filter on diesel engines as I used to manage a fleet of trucks and other diesel equiptment.
Which one do I want, I've been looking at the Insane Diesel unit, pretty simple.
Am I going to have a warranty issue with the dealer down the road by installing this?

vandan

Sep 18, 2016
Truck Year
Knowing dodge they would use it to their advantage to screw you out of warranty

bob1340

Jun 29, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
It would probably depend on the dealer. But there is a lot of benefit to a bypass system which in my case I feel will be a good thing over the long haul.

Bullet

Feb 11, 2020
Truck Year
I was thinking of doing an oil bypass on my truck also. I came across two different AMSOIL kits. On is a spin on filter cf6 bf6. The other is a drop in in filter cf8 bf8. Does anyone know the significance of the numbering system? Also any thoughts on which is best, spin on or drop in filter?