• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

cel Code p04db

jon swartz

Mar 17, 2017
Truck Year
here is a little background to this. my truck threw a cel light 2 weeks ago sunday. i went to a local auto store and they read it. it was Code p04db crankshaft ventilation disconnected. i called the dealer. took a week to get it. when i got home i opened my hood and noticed the oil in the coolent. i knew right then my oiler cooler had went out. my truck is a '14 big horn crew cab 4x4. with 38k miles. all stock. well they looked at it and found a bad oil cooler but it is not under powertrain warranty. so i called ram customer service. they got back with me and said it isnt covered. i got a call this past friday my truck is done. i went sat with my wife to pick it up. i got on the high way and not 1 mile from the dealer my cel came back on. so i turned around and went back. they said it was an old stored code they must have forgot to clear it. i said well that code is one of the reasons i brought the truck in. they said i should be good to go and take it home. i said well i am here i would rather not have to bring it back. they said i was good to go. so i left. half way home the cel came back on. i went to the store on the way home and i opened the hood and i still have oil in my coolent. also it got a little warm sat in michigan and i turned my ac on and it wouldnt blow cold air now. i read the receipt and they removed the ac compressor to install the new oil cooler. so i guess they must not have recharged the system. so long story short i am heading back to the dealer to drop the truck off and see whats up with the cel light. my question is has anyone else had this cel code come up on a stock truck? if so what caused it? thanks for the input

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
there is another post with the same code on page 2 I don't believe there r any parts to fix that code the part was only used on the real early ecos it is a egr sensor half of the dealers don't even know about it it has been discussed a few times on this website wow this is a real old post

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
You can still purchase sensor. I was just wondering if he found a solution. A lot of people come to forums looking for solutions and you never get to hear the final outcome or the findings. I reset mine and so far it’s stayed off for a few key cycles and 40 miles and one normal regen. I found info on gde that seems to indicate overtime the settings are becoming too tight so they change them a little but leave it operable. I think mine may be the o ring worn it has a lot of play.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
WHAT IS THE PART Number u have I tried to buy one for a customer and was told no longer serviced

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
JUST. Called dealer they said # still listed but no longer available maybe some have it as old stock