• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Check engine light with no codes

65Stang3

Dec 25, 2019
Truck Year
Has anyone gotten a check engine light with out any codes? A store bought code reader could not communicate to the OBD2. Going to a larger service shop, they were able to scan the entire system using a Snap-On scanner, with no codes in any module. But then trying to read just the engine control ECU, it could not establish communications..

65Stang3

Dec 25, 2019
Truck Year
The truck runs fine. Temperatures and MPG are normal. I tried disconnecting the battery to clear the CEL, but that did nothing either. I called the sealer and have an appointment with them on Friday.
I, too, an on the wait list the EGR replacement and AEM update for the turbo lag.

65Stang3

Dec 25, 2019
Truck Year
Update: I went to the dealer yesterday and had them plug in and scan the truck. Their OBD2 dongle read the truck right away! (Kind of pissed me off a little bit, as I like to save money and troubleshoot my issues first.) But anyhow, the truck had a Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) sensor error. Error code P2080. They said it is related to the EGR recall. I'm on the list to eventually get the EGR fixed - when parts arrive!
They were able to clear the code, and at least install the latest AEM for the turbo lag issue.

Looking at another ED forum last night, this could be bad to keep driving if the EGT is not right. Could cause the particulate filter to fail!
(in the comments at the bottom of the article.)

What are the thoughts about turning OFF the EGR in the SW, verses removing the entire EGR system? And I know know if I can even fully delete in Idaho, I haven't had to go thru emissions yet (bought used in December of last year.)

https://dieselpowerup.com/deleting-and-tuning-the-3-0l-ecodiesel-dodge-ram-1500/