• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cold weather set up for new ecodiesel

Scott Chiddister

Oct 3, 2018
Truck Year
Hello, bought my first ecodiesel in May (actually my first diesel, period). Live in Michigan and not sure what I need to have on the truck to make sure it starts and operates properly with the cold months ahead. Not sure what package to look for on the window sticker to see if any cold weather items came with and if not, where I should even start..........

Zachary

Oct 22, 2017
Truck Year
Hello, bought my first ecodiesel in May (actually my first diesel, period). Live in Michigan and not sure what I need to have on the truck to make sure it starts and operates properly with the cold months ahead. Not sure what package to look for on the window sticker to see if any cold weather items came with and if not, where I should even start..........
Hey! Congrats on the truck, hope you're loving it. There are three things to know\do regarding cold weather: use an antigel additive like OptiLube XPD if you're frequently leaving the truck in sub freezing temps for long periods; use a cold weather front once it starts freezing (Google ecodiesel cold weather front, they only make one); all ecodiesels come with a block heater, if you don't have a cord somewhere next to the air box to plug in then you just need the cord, Google Kat's ecodiesel block heater cord ($15 on Amazon). Plug it in overnight if you can. Enjoy the winter! The SRAs aren't great in the snow so you may possibly want new tires.

Scott Chiddister

Oct 3, 2018
Truck Year
Hey! Congrats on the truck, hope you're loving it. There are three things to know\do regarding cold weather: use an antigel additive like OptiLube XPD if you're frequently leaving the truck in sub freezing temps for long periods; use a cold weather front once it starts freezing (Google ecodiesel cold weather front, they only make one); all ecodiesels come with a block heater, if you don't have a cord somewhere next to the air box to plug in then you just need the cord, Google Kat's ecodiesel block heater cord ($15 on Amazon). Plug it in overnight if you can. Enjoy the winter! The SRAs aren't great in the snow so you may possibly want new tires.
Thanks Zack....loving the truck thus far. Love my hemi but with some moderate to long hauls to kids travel ball games with a lot of highway miles, this was definitely the right move for fuel economy. Already stocked up on antigel last weekend on sale, will look for the cold weather front and also try to find the cord or get one for the engine block this weekend. I think I'll stock a couple of marine batteries and inverter in the bed of the truck to power it in the parking lot at work for those few weeks where it gets brutally cold. Thanks...Scott