• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Coolant Alternatives?

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
Hello All,

I recently had my coolant flushed (long story), wherein the shop replaced with green OAT...not MOPAR OAT..should I be concerned?

John

Nov 13, 2015
I think it should be fine as long as the OAT meets the Mpar spec. and it likely does. The color doesn't matter.

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
I think it should be fine as long as the OAT meets the Mpar spec. and it likely does. The color doesn't matter.
Thanks again brother. I’m extremely paranoid and not too mechanically savvy.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
The Mopar coolant for our Ecodiesels is designated 10 years, 150,000 miles and Meets: ASTM D-3306 TYPE 3. While there is a lot of OAT antifreeze available be sure they meet the FCA Material Standard MS.90032 to be in compliance.

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
I appreciate the feedback gentlemen. I spoke with an honest FCA tech today and he reinforced what y’all are saying. Apparently, he was familiar with the shop I worked with and knew for a fact they use the same MS in their OAT that FCA does.