• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Crank but no start

West Via

Nov 11, 2018
Truck Year
Hello! Hoping for some help!
2015 1500 Big Horn Ecodiesel

Several days ago it cranked but wouldn’t start a couple times and then started and ran a few days with no problems. Then when accelerating up a hill it went to downshift and BAAM... died and coasted to the shoulder. I panicked and cleared any codes hoping it would start but no luck.
So it cranks but won’t start.
I changed the fuel filter and there is fuel pumping TO the HPFP. It will sputter if I spray starting fluid in the intake and the HPFP seems like whines or whatever when the key is turned on I just don’t know how to test it correctly or where else to look. I read on some engines there’s sensors that tell it when to pump?
Only codes I can get now are P061c and P062b
Thanks for any help!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its either the big connection under the dash Disconnect- Reconnect or its the Crank sensor failure, You hope its Not the cranks sensor because the trans needs to be removed to change it out.

West Via

Nov 11, 2018
Truck Year
Thanks for the quick response! That’ll give me a starting point checking the crank sensor. I’m really hoping it’s not the HPFP or the like... thanks again!

John

Nov 13, 2015
I'm with TC on this one. Sounds like a crankshaft position sensor based on the codes.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Thanks for the quick response! That’ll give me a starting point checking the crank sensor. I’m really hoping it’s not the HPFP or the like... thanks again!

Its unlikely to be CP4 or fuel related.

brianjonesphoto

Jan 2, 2020
Truck Year
Sorry to revive this thread but I'm getting intermittent P062B codes that usually come up at a cold start. What was the resolution to your problem?

Thanks.