• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Crankshaft position sensor

scoffman

Aug 21, 2019
Truck Year
Not that I know of. I took mine to the Stealership to have a second EGR valve, non updated part, put on and they also did an ECU update that is supposed to fix and allow truck to run if the magnet comes apart on the reluctor wheel. I'm not sure how that works exactly.

BlackPearl

Mar 23, 2021
Truck Year
Had my truck for 3 weeks and a day and reluctor wheel let go on mine. Took to stealership and they did the W58 recall, reads off cam when crank sensor fails. Call me and said it runs now, but in limp mode and want $1610 to fix faulty part. 26,000 left on warranty.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Had my truck for 3 weeks and a day and reluctor wheel let go on mine. Took to stealership and they did the W58 recall, reads off cam when crank sensor fails. Call me and said it runs now, but in limp mode and want $1610 to fix faulty part. 26,000 left on warranty.
Stealership absolutely. If they repaired the vehicle there is no way they should return it to you in "Limp Home Mode", that just sets the truck up for a cascade of DTC's. My 2014 finally lost it's tone ring magnet, replaced under AEM II warranty, I did have to pay for the tone ring as it was not covered but the sensor was so I did not have to pay for it or labor. Tone ring $44.00, Crank position sensor $178.00, labor is 5 hours flat rate.

The W58 recall is simply a software update which is supposed to allow the engine to run off the camshaft position sensor. I do not know the effectiveness of the software fix. I do know that the ECM balances the crank sensor and the camshaft sensor to determine the pulse width of the fuel injector