Def for ecodiesel

• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

RamToby

Oct 3, 2019
Truck Year
Is there any difference in the quality or performance of def fluid from one manufacturer to another. eg. Reochem vs Mopar?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Blaine
www.tcdiesel.com
Truck Year
The API cert is 32.5% Urea 67.5% Deionized Water. I mix My DEF in My 2015 for three years with distilled Water, You can mix Your DEF if you like there's NO law or EPA rule, Just a Cert. My data showed 10-17% Concentrate of Urea dropped the NOx to near 0 95% of DD use. I never had any trouble with My DEF system in My Eco the 3.5 years of Ownership. the Urea is the culprit when DEF systems fail.

Hmm I been doing this for years in all My DEF Trucks, DEF Cert is a Hoax for $

Last edited:

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Blaine
www.tcdiesel.com
Truck Year
RamToby, this is Me, I did the same to My eco for 3 years. I mixed 2 gallon of distilled water to 2 Gallons of DEF at 32.5% this dropped the Urea levels below 16%. I've ran as low as 10% during summer months < I have never had a DEF code in any of My owned trucks in 10 Years.

Reactions: John Jensen

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
San Diego County
www.johnfjensen.com
Truck Year
TC,
I'm in Oregon elk hunting and trout fishing. Every morning has been 8 degrees to 27 degrees. Just before I left San Diego I topped my def with 2 gals of distilled water that brought it to just overflowing. the tank by approx 2 oz.

I was a bit concerned when the first morning it was 8 degrees. I'm tuned so the water is okay but I was sure concerned about freezing. No freezing & problems!

TooClose Racing

Dec 20, 2017
Truck Year
Not Listed
Guys - this is an interesting topic. If someone could please expand a little bit on the Negatives of going with standard DEF vs. diluted DEF, much appreciated. I think I've convinced myself after reading a couple tech articles (and John has helped...) that I shouldn't be concerned with freezing at the lower urea concentration. Has anyone done any kind of study/review that I can find on the Internet? Thanks!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Blaine
www.tcdiesel.com
Truck Year
I have use different levels and tested the NOx, Back in 2015, Back at that time I saw no need to keep the data, Dec/Jan 19/20 I will be leasing the fuel analyzer again this time I will post the data.

Back in 2015 I posted the Eco would fail CAA and 1.5 years Later the EPA agree with Me. and file the Case in FED Court.

32.5% is very potent and in certain conditions will crystalize, causing the vehicle to enter de-rate mode and in many cases $1000.00-2000.00 in repairs.

Image result for crystallize def injector

Image result for crystallize def injector

hossman

Oct 3, 2019
Truck Year
I have a better solution than adding water. Doing a full delete this weekend. HD diesel supply as a good kit. I will do a post once I have a thousand miles on it.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
San Diego County
www.johnfjensen.com
Truck Year
TC,

Here's the storyElk tracks-50.jpg

Elk 5 point-50.jpg

Reactions: hossman