• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DEF pump failure at 106,000 miles

Michael J David

Jan 5, 2019
Truck Year
Dodge gas truck owner thru out my life, 4.7L and 5.7L, decided to purchased a 2014 Ecodiesel from a dodge dealership, and a peace of mind warrenty Nov 18, and 1800 miles later, my amber eng. svc soon lite illuminated on my dash cluster. Took the truck back to the selling dealership, Day in half later, svc writer calls and states that the problem is an internal failure of the DEF pump. Due to the failure is EMMISSIONS my complete auto care warranty will not cover these items. The Svc mgr agreed to pony up 1/2 of the total amount due....(recent purchase)

1600.00 DEF pump
273.00 Labor
Additional fees.
Total repair bill 2,044.00

Im having to come up with 1022.00 from somewhere.

Grateful the dodge/jeep dealer step half way up.....dont agree with a 1600.00 price tag on the pump....my thoughts .... some foriegn matter had entered into this system......any thoughts out there