• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Def shutdown. No warning

Paul Starling

Aug 9, 2022
Truck Year
Hi all. New here myself.
I had the dreaded service def system engine will not start after 300km. See dealer. It ran out of km but got it to the dealer and they said it was the def injector. $1000 spent and all seemed ok. Just driving home from work and bing engine will not start service def system see dealer. No warning or km countdown. Parked in the yard and sure enough it will not start. Any ideas on this one?

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Hi all. New here myself.
I had the dreaded service def system engine will not start after 300km. See dealer. It ran out of km but got it to the dealer and they said it was the def injector. $1000 spent and all seemed ok. Just driving home from work and bing engine will not start service def system see dealer. No warning or km countdown. Parked in the yard and sure enough it will not start. Any ideas on this one?
I hate to pick on a dealer that I do not know, but it would appear that the tech did not clear the code so that it continued to count down, or did not do a relearn for the new DEF injector.
I just recently acquired the AlfaOBD scanner and found several codes that my dealer, who I trust, should have cleared when they replaced my air ride system pump. This has caused me to see the message "Service Air Ride System Immediately" several times over the last year.