• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DEF system Manual Regeneration

Crystal

Jan 17, 2018
Truck Year
I have a 2015 ecodiesel and last week I received the alert that my def filter was 80%,then90%, then 100%. I tried running on eway but it would not, so took into have it manually regenerated. Here begins the problem---- Dodge called and said that they could not get it below 70% . They said the computer was saying wrong oil vescosity. Day 2 they still can't get it to come down, they said they asked around and with that code it takes a while to regenerate it .he said give him till tomorrow to see if they got it before I have to get a new particulate filter . Has anyone dealt with this problem? Any info appreciated .

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I have a 2015 ecodiesel and last week I received the alert that my def filter was 80%,then90%, then 100%. I tried running on eway but it would not, so took into have it manually regenerated. Here begins the problem---- Dodge called and said that they could not get it below 70% . They said the computer was saying wrong oil vescosity. Day 2 they still can't get it to come down, they said they asked around and with that code it takes a while to regenerate it .he said give him till tomorrow to see if they got it before I have to get a new particulate filter . Has anyone dealt with this problem? Any info appreciated .

The dealer has tools to get the regen on.. since it would never work for you on the highway, and it sounds like it's not working for them it does sound like a new DPF is in order. I'm assuming your still under warranty?

Crystal

Jan 17, 2018
Truck Year
The dealer has tools to get the regen on.. since it would never work for you on the highway, and it sounds like it's not working for them it does sound like a new DPF is in order. I'm assuming your still under warranty?
Nope it is not under warranty anymore .YAY!!!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Bull , Dealer has No Idea what their doing , I See this monthly, its a easy fix for someone capable. Were do Dealers find such misleading info.....Are Dealers capable of anything other then lies...Geez..

Crystal

Jan 17, 2018
Truck Year
Bull , Dealer has No Idea what their doing , I See this monthly, its a easy fix for someone capable. Were do Dealers find such misleading info.....Are Dealers capable of anything other then lies...Geez..
What do I need to do?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Were are you located...

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Well that's a little far form Here. It requires WITECH in the hands of a capable Person...You have to re-flash certain Modules that are No longer communicating correctly after that Place the vehicle in Stationary De-soot.. Its Best to Foam the Plenum Prior to De-soot and than change the oil.

TC Is in Blaine MN

Crystal

Jan 17, 2018
Truck Year
Well that's a little far form Here. It requires WITECH in the hands of a capable Person...You have to re-flash certain Modules that are No longer communicating correctly after that Place the vehicle in Stationary De-soot.. Its Best to Foam the Plenum Prior to De-soot and than change the oil.

TC Is in Blaine MN
Thanks for the info. I am going to see if I can find someone in my area. I wish people would just say we don't know how. 3 days & same results & no truck.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Crytstal call Me on the Phone..763-228-7121 Todd... ASAP, Its hard to type what I need to have you pass on to the Person.

Mistie

Jul 26, 2018
Truck Year
2014 Laramie Longhorn
We cahanged the air filter, fuel filter and cleaned MAP sensor and now am getting the error 100% full see dealer! I was just wondering if there is a fix we could do at home.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
No, Need WITECH to clean it out in the hands of someone capable.

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
There is ways to clean it without a witech but you have to remove it and clean it manually. Purple power works extremely well on soot.

Bob S.

Sep 1, 2016
Truck Year

Do we know what is the average life for DPF if it has been operating correctly, IE when should one be getting concerned about replacing the original filter!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
If its de-sooted Professionally it should last 500.000+ miles, they don't were out they get plugged.

Tom C

Jan 16, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Can anyone tell me what P204F is on my code reader. I have a 2017 Ram EcoDiesel.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Can anyone tell me what P204F is on my code reader. I have a 2017 Ram EcoDiesel.
Some type of fault with the selective catalyst reduction (SCR) system. Are you in a cold climate? It's possible the DEF is frozen.

Tom C

Jan 16, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Some type of fault with the selective catalyst reduction (SCR) system. Are you in a cold climate? It's possible the DEF is frozen.
It was near 32 the night it came on but it is warmer now.

John

Nov 13, 2015
It was near 32 the night it came on but it is warmer now.
So that rules out frozen DEF as it won't freeze until it gets down to about 11 degrees F. Possibly a bad sensor??? Can you clear the code and see if it comes back?