• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Def / won’t start soon

Antny d

Apr 27, 2020
Truck Year
Incorrect DEF fluid light came on, now saying truck won’t start. 18 miles left? Found 2 codes...
P200200 & P20EE00
Easiest and cheapest fix?

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Incorrect DEF fluid light came on, now saying truck won’t start. 18 miles left? Found 2 codes...
P200200 & P20EE00
Easiest and cheapest fix?
First is your DEF tank low or is it bad sensor? If a bad sensor the DEF tank must be replaced as the sensor is an integral part of the tank. The two codes are for low performance threshold of Selective Catalyst Reduction and high NoX emissions, which are coupled together as the SCR reduces the NoX emissions. Sorry not a happy picture, dealer with a good tech or a very knowledgeable independent shop, to diagnose if the SCR is bad or if sensor is bad.

Antny d

Apr 27, 2020
Truck Year
It started with tank being 3/4 full. Happened to be at auto parts store and decided to pick up some DEF fluid. So I topped it off and next day when I started truck, it said incorrect def detected, then with the mileage count down to not starting? One guy said DEF fluid has a shelf life, it was probably bad? One said computer needs updating and it should clear it? I took it to dodge dealership and they said needs new exhaust and 3-4 other things $3800 🤬🤬. I just don’t seem to believe that one. And it had 0 miles till not starting, and they were able to do a partial reset on computer, which gave me another 41 miles til it won’t start again? I think if it can be partially reset, it could be fully reset 🤷‍♂️

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The 2015 DOES NOT HAVE urea Sensor, I have run 90% Distilled water 10% Urea for 3 Years in My Eco. Its a false code, your DEF Injector is plugged, Remove it and clean re-set the DEF Tank Sensor and clear the Code and Done, To stop this forever run DS at 1 to 1 DEF/DS.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
AntnyD, call Me on this, you are simply dealing with clueless Dealer. Todd 763-228-7121.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
This is My Ram 3500, but I've done the same to My Eco, NO sensor in any Rams 2013-16, 17-20 have Urea sensor that triggers code at 22% Urea, So that's 1 gallon DS to 2.5 gallons DEF is 24% code free.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
It started with tank being 3/4 full. Happened to be at auto parts store and decided to pick up some DEF fluid. So I topped it off and next day when I started truck, it said incorrect def detected, then with the mileage count down to not starting? One guy said DEF fluid has a shelf life, it was probably bad? One said computer needs updating and it should clear it? I took it to dodge dealership and they said needs new exhaust and 3-4 other things $3800 🤬🤬. I just don’t seem to believe that one. And it had 0 miles till not starting, and they were able to do a partial reset on computer, which gave me another 41 miles til it won’t start again? I think if it can be partially reset, it could be fully reset 🤷‍♂️
What TC said.