• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Diesel recall poor performance UPDATE from FCA

Toledo1500

Sep 11, 2019
Truck Year
From my cousin who is a Chrysler Tech.

From a release this morning about the Ecodiesel :

FCA has received feedback from a small number of customers reporting a slow acceleration when the vehicle is operated after a cold start, which improves over time as the exhaust and engine warm up. • FCA is currently evaluating these claims, including considering a potential update to the AEM to address the customer complaints. • FCA must perform a variety of validation checks. All changes to the AEM will require approval by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (“EPA”) and the California Air Resources Board (“CARB”). At this time, FCA is unsure of the timing, however, an update will be provided as soon as possible. FCA

Fingers crossed

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome to the group. I hope the engine last that long tune it and enjoy it

solstar

Oct 3, 2015
Truck Year
My 2015 RAM 1500 ecodiesel has been in the shop since being 'upgraded' in excess of a cumulative of TEN weeks in the last five months !
Two dealers have been unable to fix it so that it will run with normal power.
I have initiated the buyback option as listed in the Consent Decree Para.45 sec. d (page 75 of 224).
FCA will drag their feet I'm sure.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
HaaaHaa! Small number of complaints. That is because most of us owners went another way. My wife called and filed a complaint, I did not. I fixed the issue with both eco's by tune. If FCA issues a fix for the AEM fix I will not participate. I already have a satisfactory resolution and am out no money out of pocket. Done and Done.
I have talked to a couple of 2017 owners and they all complain about turbo lag, mostly engine cold, but they all have a frame of reference as they are previous diesel owners, older model Cummins.

Howie713

Sep 22, 2019
Truck Year
Ok I am late to the game. I just bought my 2015 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel back in February. I did a ton of research on it and for what ever reason did not read anything about these issues. So I am not sure when this all started. You would think that the dealerships should have to disclose something about this. Well fast forward to last week 9/18/19 I took the truck in for an oil change. I normally don't use a Stealership for service but since I dont have a good mechanic here in Arizona I took it to the dodge dealership down the street from my house. When I brought it in they told me they had a recall on it that needs to be done. Made it sound like it was no big deal. Well After 5 days of have having a truck that runs like shit I am pissed. I found this forum and called and filed a complaint. This is the second diesel settlement I am going through I was part of the VW one with the wife's car and after issues they bought it back. I have years of experience of mechanics on Harley's. The fact that they made this look like no big deal and handed me back a truck that drives like shit is frustrating as hell. Can someone explain to me how an emission fix can get worse power and worse gas mileage at the same time?

Enough ranting. I am looking for the fix. What tuners are the best. I live in Mesa Arizona so its hot and elevation is about 1,240' above sea level. I am looking for something that provides the performance when needed but also the fuel efficiency for the around town travel. I am looking at getting a pull behind trailer eventually and that would be the extent of the hauling I would do. Most of the stuff I haul is lighter weight property Rehabbing stuff. Thanks in advance.

Howie713

Sep 22, 2019
Truck Year
Check out Sofa King Tuning.
John thanks for some guidance. Do these have any issues with passing local emissions? I mean my truck passed emission just find before this big emission recall. So I would assume so.