• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DODGE 1500 2017 eco diesel Need Help

Mikeydog931717

Dec 4, 2021
Truck Year
Bought my 1500 2019 July less then 50000 miles I put on it had 54,000 already my DPF particulate filter has gone bad but just needs refurbish. I took it to dealer local got oil done went to Meineke right after oiled splashed every where my cap wasn't even put on correctly the whole engine covered in oil. went back to dealer after meineike they got mad after trying to charge me 4500 for new DPF system take 2 weeks, never offered for refurbish. After 2nd time driving 2 hours after being there waiting 3 hours, went back to meineke They never put cap back on or fixed "LEAKING" oil or even clean all leaked oil the local dealer. I need some advice to help me though this my Emissions system is gone need new DPF I read their responsible ive heard their any one got ideas.

Mikeydog931717

Dec 4, 2021
Truck Year
I went to the local Dealer where I live Melbourne Florida, where I bought the truck from. They print me of my "warranty" (it in fact is useless) on truck all it is is my contact info price on truck all the interest info, a tire warranty. Did not provide me with any information went to THE GENERAL MANAGER he said " THATS ALL I GOT, ON YOUR VEHICLE NOTHING ELSE." This dealer ship is the worst ive ever dealt with in business and vehicle maintenance horrible work and horrible staffing. NEED HELP SOMEONE stage 3 cancer has nearly made me bankrupt already.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Welcome to the forum.
It's a bit difficult to understand your writing and not clear what subject you want ideas on.
Aside from that, I would go back to that dealer and make your case with the Service Manager to correct the oil issues. Then, depending on that Service Manager meeting, I might find another dealer for future work.

Good luck. Keep us posted

Mikeydog931717

Dec 4, 2021
Truck Year
Possibly contact Mopar them selves and explain the whole situation to them.
Did that exactly and my two sensors on my DPF unit are covered by warranty so they should not have charged me for NOS-X sensor and the oxide sensor. But the particulate filter of course is not covered.

Mikeydog931717

Dec 4, 2021
Truck Year
Welcome to the forum.
It's a bit difficult to understand your writing and not clear what subject you want ideas on.
Aside from that, I would go back to that dealer and make your case with the Service Manager to correct the oil issues. Then, depending on that Service Manager meeting, I might find another dealer for future work.

Good luck. Keep us posted

jarhead

Oct 6, 2021
Truck Year
all emission components are covered for 2yrs under federal law, if the sensors are covered then I would thinking the dpf is covered, its a major emissions component. I've been dealing with for over 4 months. check engine lite for regen frequency. Dealer did a dpf regen didn't do anything. they got the engineers involved in it now. So far they have changed all the fuel injectors, install new pressure rail and high pressure fuel lines, light still come on. Now they have ordered a new dpf, thankfully the truck has 100K power train and emissions warranty for that year. Have to say the dealership service department has been fantastic, supplied me with a loaner for a week and assured me they will get it taken care of at no cost to me. I did find a caterpillar dealer that can clean the entire emissions system with some foam in it. they said they could do ecos as well. They said they do it all the time on big rigs and works very well. Down side was $1400 to do it.

Mikeydog931717

Dec 4, 2021
Truck Year
Thank you for your response and yes I set an appointment to speak with the director of the dealership where I got my truck worked on cause the dealer I bought it from can't provide me service due to being a diesel ( no diesel mechanic). Then the second issue is the service manager is the one who would not get up and talk to me after me driving back 2 hours to his shop after being there once but returning for the oil leaking out of my oil cooler. Saying that, the issue was my DPF particulate filter went bad "they told me" nothing can be done I need a new one 4,120$ but nothing in the sense maybe regeneration or refurbishing it, cleaning it, nothing at all. Then I ran into problem with them charging me saying my sensors were not under warranty but when in fact they are finding out after speaking with my warranty I only have small deductible. After, I Went to their competitor and their going to handle everything give me a car and refurbish my DPF system for only 420 $ the lies and charging me and lying to me about my warranties had me so up roared today so my typing was very ferocious and incorrect grammar. Apologies, it just really sucks when someone like me runs into issues and money hungry companies who have no care for the people but only the dollar.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Thank you for your response and yes I set an appointment to speak with the director of the dealership where I got my truck worked on cause the dealer I bought it from can't provide me service due to being a diesel ( no diesel mechanic). Then the second issue is the service manager is the one who would not get up and talk to me after me driving back 2 hours to his shop after being there once but returning for the oil leaking out of my oil cooler. Saying that, the issue was my DPF particulate filter went bad "they told me" nothing can be done I need a new one 4,120$ but nothing in the sense maybe regeneration or refurbishing it, cleaning it, nothing at all. Then I ran into problem with them charging me saying my sensors were not under warranty but when in fact they are finding out after speaking with my warranty I only have small deductible. After, I Went to their competitor and their going to handle everything give me a car and refurbish my DPF system for only 420 $ the lies and charging me and lying to me about my warranties had me so up roared today so my typing was very ferocious and incorrect grammar. Apologies, it just really sucks when someone like me runs into issues and money hungry companies who have no care for the people but only the dollar.
Thanks for the update, glad you found a decent dealer.
I understand the "up roared" and how it affects grammar, been there, done that. Cancer doesn't help either, been there, done that too. Now enjoy your truck.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
How can you refurbish SCR?/DPF, the only way is to melt it down and remold the precious metals used, silicon carbide.

You can clean DPF, I will post some commercial Video's, The local Self-serve Car wash that has hot water will do the Job.

The ash will accumulate over time and any DPF will need to be cleaned eventually

Yes they can get so plugged you cannot clean the Filter out.

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
Bought my 1500 2019 July less then 50000 miles I put on it had 54,000 already my DPF particulate filter has gone bad but just needs refurbish. I took it to dealer local got oil done went to Meineke right after oiled splashed every where my cap wasn't even put on correctly the whole engine covered in oil. went back to dealer after meineike they got mad after trying to charge me 4500 for new DPF system take 2 weeks, never offered for refurbish. After 2nd time driving 2 hours after being there waiting 3 hours, went back to meineke They never put cap back on or fixed "LEAKING" oil or even clean all leaked oil the local dealer. I need some advice to help me though this my Emissions system is gone need new DPF I read their responsible ive heard their any one got ideas.
It is all listed in the owners manual, emissions has a list 7-8 years