• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Does Anyone Own a 2019 Big Horn with the Pentastar V6?

EthanWalter

May 26, 2019
Truck Year
My next lease will be a Ram 1500 and I wondering if there are any knees on here with the Pentastar v6? Do you wish you had gotten the Hemi? How is acceleration? I’d personally prefer the hemi, but most lease deals are for the v6. I don’t do any towing or hauling, so that stuff doesn’t really mean anything to me (I just always wanted a pickup truck).

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome, we've had owners here that owned the V6 and switched to a EcoDiesel but did like the V6 motor... so, either route you take you'll likely enjoy the truck. Since you don't tow or haul anything, it might be just for you.

EthanWalter

May 26, 2019
Truck Year

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
That is what I bought, the 2019 1500 Bighorn with the V6. I did not bail on my 2015 eco because of the diesel, which I liked. I bailed because of the deal I was offered. 46.5k list, purchased for 32.5k. My 2015 Eco was the HFE version with vinyl seats and no options. I wanted to upgrade for all the options and also 4wd.

The new truck is very nice. It does fine pulling away from a stop. The E torque gives it a nice kick from stopping. The truck passes ok but not as fast as my GDE tuned eco. It has less torque and less acceleration than the ECO with GDE. The transmission is still learning and it is fine. The stop / start works fine and you get used to it. I am getting 19.5 mpg on the computer display. If I were you i would drive it and take whatever you are planning to tow with you. I don't tow much so I can't help you there. I drove the Ford F-150 with the 3.5 turbo engine. The Ram has a nicer ride but the F-150 with the 3.5 twin turbo is clearly the better engine. But the F-150 with the 3.5 twin turbo would have been a LOT more money.

John

Nov 13, 2015
I get mine on Tuesday! I opted for the Pentastar with the e-torque. The horsepower on this engine is ok, but the torque is a bit low. With the e-torque it seems fine. Here it is! https://www.jimmybrittcdjr.com/new/Ram/2019-Ram-1500-1a22f0da0a0e0a6b0e8c476abc312722.htm
That is what I bought, the 2019 1500 Bighorn with the V6. I did not bail on my 2015 eco because of the diesel, which I liked. I bailed because of the deal I was offered. 46.5k list, purchased for 32.5k. My 2015 Eco was the HFE version with vinyl seats and no options. I wanted to upgrade for all the options and also 4wd.

The new truck is very nice. It does fine pulling away from a stop. The E torque gives it a nice kick from stopping. The truck passes ok but not as fast as my GDE tuned eco. It has less torque and less acceleration than the ECO with GDE. The transmission is still learning and it is fine. The stop / start works fine and you get used to it. I am getting 19.5 mpg on the computer display. If I were you i would drive it and take whatever you are planning to tow with you. I don't tow much so I can't help you there. I drove the Ford F-150 with the 3.5 turbo engine. The Ram has a nicer ride but the F-150 with the 3.5 twin turbo is clearly the better engine. But the F-150 with the 3.5 twin turbo would have been a LOT more money.
Can the stop/start be turned off?

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Oh, sure. Put the AC on Max AC and it does not shut off. Or you can put it in Park at a light

John

Nov 13, 2015
Oh, sure. Put the AC on Max AC and it does not shut off. Or you can put it in Park at a light
While we are on the subject

Possible Reasons The Engine Does Not Autostop

Prior to engine shut down, the system will check many safety

and comfort conditions to see if they are fulfilled. In

following situations, the engine will not Autostop:

• Driver’s seat belt is not buckled.

• Driver’s door is not closed.

• The vehicle is on a steep grade.

• Cabin heating or cooling is in process and an acceptable

cabin temperature has not been achieved.

• HVAC is set to full defrost mode at a high blower speed.

• Engine has not reached normal operating temperature

• Engine temperature too high.

• The battery is charging.

• The transmission is not in DRIVE.

• Hood is open.

• Vehicle is in 4LO transfer case mode.

• Accelerator pedal input.

• Excessive 12 volt loads.

And to answer to my question

To Manually Turn Off The Stop Start System

1. Push the STOP/START Off switch (located near the gear

selector). The light on the switch will illuminate.

STOP/START OFF Switch Below 4x4 Switch

2. The STOP/START O FF message w ill appear in the

instrument cluster display. Refer to “Instrument Cluster

Display” in “Getting To Know Your Instrument Panel”

for further information.

3. At t he n ext v ehicle s top ( after t urning o ff t he S TOP/

START system) the engine will not be stopped.

4. If the STOP/START system is manually turned off, the

engine can be started and stopped by cycling the ignition

switch or pressing the STOP/START switch again.

5. The STOP/START system will reset itself back to an ON

condition every time the key is turned off and back on.

To Manually Turn On The Stop Start System

1. Push the STOP/START Off switch (located near the gear

selector module).

2. The light on the switch will turn off.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Jgc 2017traded. 2016 journey traded miss fires starter problems both traded jeep 8500miles journey main brg rattle traded at 22000 plus other shit