• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Don't buy

Szgone

Mar 24, 2020
Truck Year
I just bought a new ECO diesel and after 323 miles I get a notification that my filter is 90% plugged. I have to drive it on the freeway 20 miles to clean it. A brand new vehicle that has to have a specific maintenance after only 323 miles. I should have kept my 2006 Ford.

John

Nov 13, 2015
All modern diesels require regeneration of the DPF. It will happen in the background without any notice to drive it on the freeway as long as you don't do a sh*t-ton of short trips. Try to allow full warmups and not mostly stop & go driving and you and the truck will be happy.

You should have seen a warning at 80% too. Whatever you do don't let it reach 100% or it will go into limp mode and will require a forced regen by the dealer unless you own software that can do it without the dealer.

Szgone

Mar 24, 2020
Truck Year
This was a big mistake. 150 of the 323 miles were on the highway and it still happened. I don't like my new vehicle dictating the length of my trips. My mistake, I,should have stuck with gas and Ford.

John

Nov 13, 2015
This was a big mistake. 150 of the 323 miles were on the highway and it still happened. I don't like my new vehicle dictating the length of my trips. My mistake, I,should have stuck with gas and Ford.
True. Diesels are not for all drivers. Is it a 2020?

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
u purchased the wrong year it is the old style they have many problems they shouldn't have sold it because it has a open recall and there r no parts 2 fix it

John

Nov 13, 2015
The 2019's will regen every 75-150 miles so it did complete some in the background. Don't get discouraged yet. It's possible the most recent miles were more local than highway and you might not continue to see regen notices.

Szgone

Mar 24, 2020
Truck Year
u purchased the wrong year it is the old style they have many problems they shouldn't have sold it because it has a open recall and there r no parts 2 fix it
I will check into this. Thank you

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
The EGR cooler recall is for 2014-2019 models. The new part was coming out in April. My 2015 Ecodiesel sat for two months. The service writer was leaving messages he found the part and the truck will be repaired soon. The AEM software update is probably why so many EGR coolers cracked quickly. Many customers are complaining about poor mileage, turbo lag, more DEF consumption and the 80% Regen coming up more frequently after highway driving.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I installed a SCANGAUGE 2 and programmed the PID's that I wanted to monitor, one was soot mass I find that my 17 will regen at 76 grams, I also programmed a PID fo regen on/off, I think that has helped as I know wwen a regen has started I can drive it & allow it to finish, I believe that is a passive regen, if it is allowed to finish I don't think you will see the 80% message, it sux that there is no other way to know about regens. The regens were intended to be seamless & not be a problem, I love my ECO even with the minor shortcoming of the regens. The EGR recall is supposed to have parts available next month. Personally I would never buy a beer can FORD. I think the frames are aluminum now. I also bought ALFAOBD & an appropriate dongle for my troubleshooting needs. I also understand that this isn't some peoples cup-o-tea so each has to do what they need to. I was a heavy duty diesel mechanic (LOCOMOTIVES), Cummins & Detroit, for years, then on to Powerstrokes & Duramax for about 15 years. Diesel technology has come a long, long way since I first started in about 1976.

Szgone

Mar 24, 2020
Truck Year
I should have stayed with Ford. My mistake. I will have to live with it for a while. I guarantee bad publicity from me.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
It's the nature of the modern diesel, don't slam FCA it's the EPA mandated bullsh!t., get it tuned & deleted if ya don't have emissions testing & drive the hell out of it, that will eliminate regens & all associated issues.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Go to www.1500diesel.com and spread the news about Your beloved VM3.0, You will feel better and get banned Tell the Mods that TC Diesel sent Ya. Enjoy the majority of the moderation at that site.

I'm honored to be banned at that site, loosing 10K+ members in 4 years is a good indictor of that sites community.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
If you have to keep it just try and use it for Hwy and limit the grocery getting. It is odd it waited to 90%. the VM3.0 in OEM is over engineered and under developed, their Lots of negativity on its history its always best to do research before purchase.

Mar 26, 2020
Truck Year
I purchased a 2018 left over in 2019. At 6704 miles the engine failed, 3 pistons in the oil pan. Chrysler will not replace the truck only the piece of crap engine. I have a lemon law case, as well as fraud for selling it to me with the recall on it and not disclosed prior to sale. I have an attorney from ‘Lemonlawattorneys’ stating they will be able to recover my full purchase amount, with no fees to me.
I hope it works out. Anybody else have a complete engine failure? My brothers 2015 just got a recall for ‘engine fatigue issue.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
9995, Thanks for sharing, We are here to Help. Please add your failure to the Forum in Post #17. The mods mostly will attack You for Posting your puke engine ,but if you want to stop others from the increase risk you are now experiencing.

9995 ,Your 2018 proves that VM in Cento has NOT improved in QC in 5 Years. ( along with many others) Don't let Fiat tire You OUT, stand Your ground and fight. The 2014-19 engine is now out of Production, You are correct on what are you going to get in that replacement.

I've never heard of engine fatigue issue.