• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Don't floor the accelerator pedal!

David Mosby

Jan 25, 2016
Truck Year
I usually baby my Ecodiesel. On a 900 mile trip six months ago, with 6000lb trailer, I held the oil temp to 215 and got 19mpg. Two weeks ago I had to pass someone and pushed the pedal down. The engine stopped. First a fuel pump at $1600 and now some kind of crankshaft problem that keeps it from starting. Thank God I was tricked into the Extended Warranty which covered the pump and the Drivetrain warranty is covering the second. What's bad is the two weeks the truck has been in the shop. Has anyone else had this happen? I wonder at what point they total the engine, or even the truck. It is a Tradesman, so that value would be lower. My truck is in the lawsuit and I did not choose the class action, preferring to opt in to the Stern Law Firm deal. I am guessing to receive around $3500 and hopefully don't have to accept the engine modification.

David Mosby

Jan 25, 2016
Truck Year
Eau Contrare! I am in the lawsuit by Stern. They are negotiating differently. I believe the result will be different too. I think it will be a nice Christmas present. I am getting a rebuilt engine this weekend. I hope it is good.

David Mosby

Jan 25, 2016
Truck Year
eau contrare u r getting some one elses problem
Yep, you are right. I am worried that the previous owner of that engine did not change the oil as I did. I am wondering if the problem that caused my engine's failure is fixed on the rebuilt one. I am thinking two more years or up close to the end of the extended warrant to sell this truck. After reading about GMC's problems and Ford's higher cost, I will probably stick with RAM.