• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dpf 100% full, won't go away after forced regen

jstjeep

Nov 15, 2019
Truck Year
Hi, as the title states I got the 100% full message on my car, along with code P2463. I used alfaobd to do 2 stationary regens, and noticed that the soot level percent didn't change at all. After the second regen it still said 116%, with a pressure difference at idle of .12. Driving it after the regen made the % full go up by seemingly a percent every 2-3 miles.

This happened after getting the "nearing full" message on my way to work, unfortunately I didn't have time to drive around and wait for the regen to happen, and on the way home it went to 100% full. The car has 195k miles on it, and is out of even the aem warranty. I'm hoping it's a sensor, since doing 2 regens did nothing to clear the filter. It's currently in limp mode, and makes a really smelly diesel exhaust smell. I'm on board with doing a delete, just finding where to get the pipes in the US is a challenge.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
At Times WITECH is the only tool to remove messages, Did you try and reset the DPF settings. Likely you will need to do 2+ More stationary de-soot if the smell is that bad , keep doing them until the smell is gone, You may have to drive it a couple of miles between Stationary de-soot to reset the clock.

jstjeep

Nov 15, 2019
Truck Year
Good to know about doing more regens. I'll give that another shot. I did drive about 20 miles between regens to see if that would help as well. I'm not sure what settings to reset though, I just ran the "DPF Regeneration" and cleared the codes, but it wouldn't clear the P2463 code.

Last edited:

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Agree with TC, my 2500 popped the same code while doing an Active Regen, but Regen would not conclude. Upon arrival at our camp ground I began the search for a dealer who could work us in the schedule in less than a month. I was able to find a dealer 45 minutes away who could work us in the next day. The next morning I crossed my fingers and headed to the dealer, don't really look forward to rebuilding a 6.7L Cummins. Within 20 minutes the Regen completed and message cleared, code remained, the scanner I carry would not clear the code. I continued to the dealer who then checked for DTC's and performed a stationary regen before he could get the code to clear. Good news the DPF was clear. Sometimes you need that dealer scan tool to clear some codes.

Brodimus_max

Aug 21, 2022
Truck Year
I had this exact issue. I don't generally do a ton of highway driving so I'm susceptible to these issues more so than those who do. I have had the "Exhaust filter 100% Full - service required see dealer" several times. And historically I've taken it to the dealer. Where I live the nearest dealer doesn't have appointments for at least six weeks, and even after I drop it off, I typically have to leave it for several days before they even get to it. Horrible experience. I finally got the AlfaOBD app (which required me to buy a used Android phone from ebay) along with a Bluetooth OBD connector.

I tried all of the steps found on the forums. Cleared codes, enabled DPF regen, started forced regen. I did this twice, and both times, it started, would rev up for a few minutes, and stop without any message, and the issue still persisting. I eventually solved the problem. I took it out for a long highway drive and kept it one gear lower than it wanted to be in order to keep RPM's up. I also used the AlfaOBD graphing feature to look at differential pressure and DPF flow resistance while I was driving. I saw that they came down a little. I then tried to clear codes again, enabled DPF regen with AlfaOBD, and triggered a forced regen. This time it reved up, but stayed reved up for much longer. I could also see the diff pressure and DFP flow resistance steadily dropping. After ~15-20 minutes the process stopped, and this time I got the "Exhaust System Regeneration Complete" message. Hallelujah! I then stopped the engine, used AlfaOBD to clear codes, and took it for a spin. Engine light did not come on this time. The "Service Electronic Throttle Control" message did not appear, and it's driving normally! Amazing. I don't think I can own this vehicle without AlfaOBD.

I also just received my GDE tune in the mail. Because I don't own a Windows PC, I also had to buy a cheap windows PC on ebay so I can do the GDE tune install. I'm hoping that with the combination of GDE tune and AlfaOBD, I will be able to have a semi-normal driving experience.

The only thing I haven't done that I would like to do is set up some sort of real-time DPF monitor so I can tell how full it is without having to hook up to AlfaOBD. I've seen several mentions of people doing this. Any suggestions on the best/easiest way to do this?

TL/DR: Tried two AlfaOBD forced regens without luck, long highway drive with high RPM's, another attempt at AlfaOBD regen which was successful.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
The only thing I haven't done that I would like to do is set up some sort of real-time DPF monitor so I can tell how full it is without having to hook up to AlfaOBD. I've seen several mentions of people doing this. Any suggestions on the best/easiest way to do this?
I monitor with an Edge CST3. Several use the Torque app

Martin.LV

May 5, 2022
Truck Year
Same here I’ve driving it for the past three days on highways and it went from 90% to 100% fyi this happened after having the truck for at least three months with the dash message engine will not start after 200 miles count down

Attachments

• 744F2D5B-1AFB-4AA4-9FEF-3E5229D86B4B.jpeg
    744F2D5B-1AFB-4AA4-9FEF-3E5229D86B4B.jpeg
    282.5 KB · Views: 6

Skippy1969

Feb 19, 2024
Truck Year
(3.0 eco) Ok, without giving a 100% the same references to how or why my truck is in this situation, I am worried it will shut down on the highway while trying to force a regen or do the same while attempting to force a parked regen. I did take the truck on a drive on the highway in 5th gear (it is an automatic) at roughly 2200 rpms for roughly 20 minutes (my usual route). I did not see the truck go into regen mode, and when I returned home I hooked up my obdII reader, after a few attempts I was able to clear the codes, but as soon as I started the engine it said DPF filter 100% starting regeneration, then immediately went back to a service required see dealer error. Again, my biggest fear is having my truck shut down and require a tow to a dealership. Any recommendations or should I just take it in? Doing a delete is in the trucks future, but to do so still requires the error to be cleared. Thanks in advance for any help.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
If it shuts down and won't let you restart, here's how to start it.01a-Emergency Start-JFJ.jpg

Skippy1969

Feb 19, 2024
Truck Year
Thank you, but looking at this picture does leave some to interpretation, which pins are actually the pins in question, as for instance any of the pins could be to the left or right of the number in the picture. I truly appreciate your help. Regards, sw

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Thank you, but looking at this picture does leave some to interpretation, which pins are actually the pins in question, as for instance any of the pins could be to the left or right of the number in the picture. I truly appreciate your help. Regards, sw
The pin positions to shunt lay between the white numbers. There are no pins to the left or right of the numbers.
I don't know how that could be misinterpreted.

01b-Starter Relay Pins-250.jpeg

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year

Skippy1969

Feb 19, 2024
Truck Year
Thank you John, so I just took a drive about 40 miles and 50 minutes on the highway, the error code did not clear, doubt it will without some software/app, it does not appear that it will go back into regen. Is there another way to force regen? There are a ton of post here that talk about forcing regen, and most reference different apps, my obd2 reader does not have an option. I appreciate your time. SW

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Thank you John, so I just took a drive about 40 miles and 50 minutes on the highway, the error code did not clear, doubt it will without some software/app, it does not appear that it will go back into regen. Is there another way to force regen? There are a ton of post here that talk about forcing regen, and most reference different apps, my obd2 reader does not have an option. I appreciate your time. SW
AlphaOBD and Edge CTS2 will do it. There are others but I don't know enough to know which ones for sure.
Alpha does a stationary regen, Edge starts a regen on the next ignition. Both require the truck to get up to a certain temp before the regen starts. And I don't know if either will do the regen if the truck is in your truck's mode. I've only used the Edge when everything was normal.