• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DPF EGR delete, truck still using DEF???

roylerumble

Jan 9, 2020
Truck Year
After I had nothing but issues with the emissions control stuff on my truck (EGR leaking coolant, sensors failing) I decided to delete it all when my warranty was up. I did the work myself. I started by installing a Flopro DPF delete pipe and used a Powergate unit to install a DPF delete tune provided by a shop here in Western Canada. I did that work in the spring of 2020. I left the tank intact and it was partially full. I didn't get around to pulling the EGR unit until the fall, but before I did that, for some reason, my truck started using DEF fluid again. I'd notice a puddle of fluid around the passenger side where the unit used to inject the fluid. I then got a message on my dash that the DEF fluid was low, and the truck wouldn't start in 710 km. I found this odd because my truck was supposed to have all that deleted with the tune. I contacted the shop, they asked me to download and send them the LOG file for the truck. I did and they insist all the necessary filed are deleted, and the right ones are present. The truck runs fine, but the truck won't start message is slowly getting closer to 0. I plan to fill with more fluid to see if that erases that message, but I still don't understand why its asking for fluid, when the delete was done. This is like months later too. The shop claims they've heard of guys getting the message and it remains in the system and just goes to zero, but the truck still starts and runs. I'm just apprehensive about letting it get to that, and don't want to keep filling with DEF that pisses out on the ground. Anyone else had that issue?

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
You need to find a tuner that knows what they are doing. A delete tune should not use DEF fluid nor acknowledge that emission component. HD Diesel in Canada can help you out.

roylerumble

Jan 9, 2020
Truck Year
Are you sure it's using it or is it just leaking?
Drove all summer with a third of a tank. All of the sudden, I got a message on start up saying that it was low. I have no particulet filter, no egr, all sensors disconnected, but, I noticed a puddle of def on the ground right where the injector would have been in the factory exhaust.