• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Eco Diesel engine failure

Gramasherri

Apr 21, 2019
Truck Year
Our engine has to be replaced with 42,000 miles on truck! Why? It started sounding strange after oil change. Dealer won’t say why engine failed. Says too much involved to determine cause. So they are replacing whole engine. I’m not happy about this. Wonder if I should sell it?

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome sorry for your problem replacement who is paying what year truck

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
New2026 engine, nice. Some are just bad and sometimes the dealer or service station uses cheap oil. I would use a good synthetic like Valvoline Premium Blue extreme and take 3 gallons with me to where you get your oil changed. I would use one quart of Lucas Pure Synthetic Oil Treatment and the 9.75 quarts of Valvoline. I know Ram says they like Rotella T-6 but i like this Valvoline, mostly because it is the only oil approved by Cummins.

They took an engine and put in the Lucas Pure Synthetic oil treatment and ran it. Then drained it, and it ran for 28 minutes with no engine damage. it was really impressive.

Gramasherri

Apr 21, 2019
Truck Year
Would using wrong oil cause engine issues? It sounded like metal loose inside the engine and an awful noise.

Gramasherri

Apr 21, 2019
Truck Year
I mentioned that to the service advisor and they said no. Of course they cover themselves.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
5w40 full synthetic that meets API CJ-4. Turbo diesel truck oil has different additives than car oil. Worst risk of course is using Jiffy Lube oil that is not synthetic. The bearings in this truck need a good oil cushion.

Gramasherri

Apr 21, 2019
Truck Year
From looking at my receipt on oil changes from 2017, once they used 5w30. The receipt from 2018 are in my truck so I can’t see them right now.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
The truck originally had 5W30 Pennzoil low ash recommended. Then FCA bumped it up to 5W40. But I want to say it was changed in 2016.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
No.... Using the wrong will increase wear, It will NOT Puke your VM 3.0...Valvoline OK lube , T6 additive package is more suited for ICD.

FCA followed My recommendation...I advertise to switch over Back in 2015....No the R/D at FCA saw My posted results, They did NOT have the time to R/R, Remember I already had My engine tore down with the results 1230 Miles.. FCA followed it right to the spec.

ALL this was done 1 year before FCA dropped MS11106. It would have been easier for me to win $150 million lottery then guess the spec 100% correctly.

I don't care what ICD lube you use it won't correct poor QC.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Ok.. I don't have the time right now to explain them ,Hopefully later today or tomorrow.