• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Eco diesel Engine Failure

tractorman90

May 21, 2020
Truck Year
While I do not have a Ram with the eco diesel there seem way less jeeps with them so I’m broadening our range and hoping someone here can help.
Driving on the interstate the other day our 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with the 3.0L Ecodiesel flashed low oil pressure, shifted to neutral, then shut down all in about 30 seconds. After coasting to the shoulder(which was a challenge as it was where 2 interstates merge) opened the hood and found no externally visible issues. I tried to start it again and it wouldn’t even turn over or click. Had it towed to the dealer. They threw a bunch of parts at it. To the sum of about $3,000, then called and said they found metal in the oil and we would need a complete new engine because FCA won’t sell engine parts for the ecodiesel. Every part is superseded to a new engine. We are just past our power train warranty and the dealer informed us They contacted the area parts manager and there is nothing they can do for us. The dealer suggest we call Jeep cares, we did and it went something like this.

My wife explained the situation and was put on hold several times. We mentioned that we had the AEM completed and the numerous times our Jeep was in the shop for DEF, Engine, and sensor issues. Probably about 6 months of 2 years ownership was spent in shop having parts thrown at it. We also noticed slight changes to the engine after the AEM was completed. We were told there is nothing that can be done and to write a letter to FCA. My very hormonal pregnant wife did not like this and asked to speak to a manager to ask why. We were told we are not allowed to speak to a manager and again to write a letter.

I called back, told the whole story and was answered with silence. After asking if anyone was still there. A long pause later. Was told I see you called earlier, there’s nothing we can do. Why let me ramble on for 5 plus minutes if they knew what they were going to tell me.

Please, anyone who can help!
1. Has anyone had success writing letters for goodwill repairs?
2. Is there anyone else we can call?
3. We are loyal FCA customers as I own 2 Ram trucks and this is our 2nd Jeep GC and we literally put money down on another Jeep to replace this one but have been waiting for shelter in place to end and this Just feels wrong to be treated like this.

I am sorry for the long post. I’m just freaking out and I don’t know what else to do. Thank you for reading.

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
Sorry to hear about this. You do have the attorneys involved in the Class Action Lawsuit that can assist since you installed the AEM software update that gives you 4 years or 48,000 mile extended warranty. Dealers are not very helpful and Customer Care is the first step as you can start a case. I would insist about that extended warranty. The AEM software update should help you with this.