• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Eco diesel siezed

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
No surprise to Me... More details Please.

JohnG

Sep 22, 2020
Truck Year
Truck started making thumping noise in front part of the engine. took it to my mechanic, he did not have the equipment to analyze. suggested to take it to a diesel shop, they found shavings in pan. on the way home engine rattled and seized. I had been waiting for parts for recall work so I called Dodge, they said tow it in and they would do the recall work and put it on their scope to see what was going on. Called a week later said motor had seized. new motor runs 13.5k installed. Diesel shop would do it for 11.5k but no warranty for labor if second motor had same problems. Month later still waiting for engine on back order. called two days ago found out torque converter was froze to engine, need to order new one, more $$$.

JohnG

Sep 22, 2020
Truck Year
I contacted the Ram customer service, was told since they could not trace the maintenance on my truck through Ram dealerships I didn't qualify for assistance. Have checked into class action suits. Just contacted Justin Walker in San Diego. I have no idea where this will end up, if your tired of getting the run around leave contact them. I also told Walker about this forum. Hope I didn't over step.