• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ecodiesel Exhaust filter 100% full Fix

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
See dealer and pay your arm and leg or purchase alfaobd and force regen for under 100$ including wireless obd reader

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I can't remember if Alfa will remove the message, it does allow Stationary De-soot.
How did the message appear.

NORTHERNJeepster

Mar 8, 2020
Truck Year
Just bought a used 2016 GC with 67k km diesel and literally the next day there was a check engine and a message indication "exhaust system nearing full". I went on the highway but no regen was initiated.

My wife later used it and she received the "exhaust filter 100 %full"

We just got this car and it's my first diesel. How serious is this and should I bring it back to the dealer and cancel the sale?

I didn't know these modules were so fiesty. Are they worth keeping?

John

Nov 13, 2015
Just bought a used 2016 GC with 67k km diesel and literally the next day there was a check engine and a message indication "exhaust system nearing full". I went on the highway but no regen was initiated.

My wife later used it and she received the "exhaust filter 100 %full"

We just got this car and it's my first diesel. How serious is this and should I bring it back to the dealer and cancel the sale?

I didn't know these modules were so fiesty. Are they worth keeping?

If you do a lot of short trips it's possible to get the regen message often. You first get a 80% full drive at highway speed message and next will see 90% message. If you let it get to 100% it will go into limp mode and you will need the dealer or a program such as AlfaOBD to force a regen. So if the truck is going to be used for mostly short trips and you don't want to deal with the regens, a gasser might be a better choice.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
You'll need to research and maybe ask the authors about capabilities. Alfa seems to be a very powerful app, but it's limited to FCA. A pro level diagnostic package will cost a pretty penny. I have an outdated version of AUTOENGINUITY and highly recommend it if you will use it, such as in a shop environment or own several vehicles, I think a full coverage package is around $1500.00. You can purchase each module separately too American, Asian, European, etc, the American vehicles may be able to be had for each manufacturer, I can't remember.