• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ecodiesel Fires

garycfi

Sep 18, 2017
Truck Year
I am a fire investigator, usually retained by insurance companies. I investigate all different types of fires and have recently started an investigation of a 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 EcoDiesel that caught fire while it was being driven. I would love to get additional information from anyone who has suffered a fire of their vehicle.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I am a fire investigator, usually retained by insurance companies. I investigate all different types of fires and have recently started an investigation of a 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 EcoDiesel that caught fire while it was being driven. I would love to get additional information from anyone who has suffered a fire of their vehicle.

Welcome, Search around. We have a few threads regarding that topic.

garycfi

Sep 18, 2017
Truck Year
This smells more like an ambulance chaser than an investigator. An investigator wouldn't post a generic broad "tell me about other problems". The data that will be returned would be useless.
If you are going to place information in quotation marks, you should be quoting an actual statement. I can assure you the investigative process evaluates all data that is received.

Swgunn

Jan 15, 2019
Truck Year
2015 eco-diesel ram 1500. Caught on fire while driving through town. 59000 MI no paint and body work. Over $15,000 estimate FCA says fires happen. No warranty insurance company will pay the repairs which has been going on for 3 months now. Had to install a used motor. I love the truck with 27 miles per gallon but was expecting it to last more than 59,000 miles. I bought the original engine and debating whether to carry it to court. How would have thought that FCA would have done better. This is the short form complaint I have a long form with photos and facts.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Most fires in diesels start around the turbo and that seems to be the case with the ED, although this one was in the middle of the night. Luckily it was not garaged. The sound foam is a sponge if leaks occur.

ms14796

Apr 28, 2019
Truck Year
I just posted my issue here as well.
Short answer is; 2015 Lone Star edition w/ 47,000 miles and current service. Pulling a 4000lb toy hauler to camp ground 175 miles away. 54 miles and engine caught fire. Extinguished fire and truck is at the dealer. Pulled camper over 1000 miles last year with no issue. Normally run between 65-70 with trailer.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I had a Ford Taurus catch on fire on me. I was cruising down the interstate when a Trooper came up behind me with lights on. Next thing you know he is telling me to run away from my car! Insurance paid and everyone was happy.

I lived in Hampton roads, Virginia. There are thousands and thousands of miles of roads there. There are also about 10 miles of tunnels. Someone explain to me why car fires only happened in those tunnels and only when I was needing to go through that same tunnel!

Swgunn

Jan 15, 2019
Truck Year
Most fires in diesels start around the turbo and that seems to be the case with the ED, although this one was in the middle of the night. Luckily it was not garaged. The sound foam is a sponge if leaks occur.
Short answer is; 2015 Lone Star edition w/ 47,000 miles and current service. Pulling a 4000lb toy hauler to camp ground 175 miles away. 54 miles and engine caught fire. Extinguished fire and truck is at the dealer. Pulled camper over 1000 miles last year with no issue. Normally run between 65-70 wit

Swgunn

Jan 15, 2019
Truck Year
Got my 2015 EcoDiesel back from dealership after fire. 59000 MI. I now have a used motor in my new truck. And my insurance company has a $17,000 claim . FCA says that I should understand that fires happens. I have 40 Years of owning a auto repair business. I also have the original EcoDiesel engine that came out of my new truck. I would like to join with other EcoDiesel owners who have had engine fires. Maybe for another class action suit over and above the emission class action suit. My email address is [email protected] I spent $51,000 for a truck that I thought would last 150000 miles or more. Now FCA wants me to pay $20,000 for another truck that will probably have no better warranty then my EcoDiesel.

Swgunn

Jan 15, 2019
Truck Year
Short answer is; 2015 Lone Star edition w/ 47,000 miles and current service. Pulling a 4000lb toy hauler to camp ground 175 miles away. 54 miles and engine caught fire. Extinguished fire and truck is at the dealer. Pulled camper over 1000 miles last year with no issue. Normally run between 65-70 with trailer.
I would really like to know who pays for your truck FCA or your insurance man mine had 59,000 and caught on fire driving through town.

Swgunn

Jan 15, 2019
Truck Year
Drove my truck 59,000 miles absolutely no problem. Never even set a code of any kind serviced it regularly. driving through town caught on fire I extinguished it out and my insurance payed for it not FCA. Insurance put a used engine in it can you imagine what kind of warranty I've got now. FCA sent an inspector and could not tell me what caused the fire but said it was not their fault. My 2015 EcoDiesel has a 2014 used diesel engine in it. Runs good after 3 months in the shop and a $17,000 repair bill no paint and body damage. What do I do?