• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EcoDiesel flash with settlement

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I keep reading how the "flash" is going to ruin motors and kill mileage. How does anybody know this? No one has actually received the flash yet so no data exists. Isn't possible that the flash will not effect the motor in any noticeable way?
One poster in another thread has already said it "killed his mileage" but he can't have even gotten it yet!
I am not inclined to think the flash will "fix" anything but the alleged software tweaking but it may not be that detrimental either....

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
it is the same flash that the 1917 and 1918 got on my 1918 I am getting 22 around town not much more an road

BMac65

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
The dealer poked mine without my permission! Was getting 33-36mpg (consuming 8.3 - 8.6L/100km) ), now only getting 27mpg (consuming 10+ L/100km).
THAT is costly on a long trip!

John

Nov 13, 2015
I keep reading how the "flash" is going to ruin motors and kill mileage. How does anybody know this? No one has actually received the flash yet so no data exists. Isn't possible that the flash will not effect the motor in any noticeable way?
One poster in another thread has already said it "killed his mileage" but he can't have even gotten it yet!
I am not inclined to think the flash will "fix" anything but the alleged software tweaking but it may not be that detrimental either....
Unlikely. The 2018's already have the updated software and all is good.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
we went through the same shit with the tuners on the2011 rams with the Cummins took 3 tuners from alligator to get it right

mce007

Jun 1, 2019
Truck Year
I have a 2015 Ram and got the flash a couple of weeks ago. Went from 24-26 mpg on the highway to 19-20mpg. Is there anything that can be done about this?? I do sales for a living and put about 50K miles a year. This is going to hurt.

mce007

Jun 1, 2019
Truck Year
Sorry for my ignorance........what is gde tune and how do I get it?

Alberisk

Nov 7, 2016
Truck Year
Had my 2016 flashed last week to comply with settlement. Truck is a slug now. Half throttle before it moves and turbo doesn't kick near as soon as it did. Lost about 3-5 MPG as well.
Will go GDE this week for sure!

Sup3rR1ck

Jul 29, 2019
Truck Year
Had my 2016 flashed last week to comply with settlement. Truck is a slug now. Half throttle before it moves and turbo doesn't kick near as soon as it did. Lost about 3-5 MPG as well.
Had mine done a week ago and I notice turbo lag between 900-1000 RPM. Once I pass that I can feel the turbo spool and extra power come up. Have not seen the loss in mileage yet 23-25 ( I do have some Falken wild peak all terrain tires ) before that I could actually get the 27 every once in a while. I have been driving around 100+ degree weather so I am wondering if that's it or it's in my head.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
My settlement check came today!

Glad to cash in my chips and be a former Eco owner.

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
Let us know if the truck gets better mpg's after the tune.