• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ecodiesel intake manifold

Mark.levine40

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
2015 Ram Eco diesel with 64k miles. At 63 k miles engine smoked and quit with no prior warning or lights. Still under engine and drive train warranty. Dealer found a hand sized hole in the engine air intake and replaced it. I was concerned that was a symptom and not the cause. Been losing coolant but undercarriage and parking spots are dry as a bone. Last week overheat Ed, back to the dealer and coolant is low again. Any idea?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
2015 Ram Eco diesel with 64k miles. At 63 k miles engine smoked and quit with no prior warning or lights. Still under engine and drive train warranty. Dealer found a hand sized hole in the engine air intake and replaced it. I was concerned that was a symptom and not the cause. Been losing coolant but undercarriage and parking spots are dry as a bone. Last week overheat Ed, back to the dealer and coolant is low again. Any idea?

EGR Cooler is likely leaking.

Mark.levine40

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks for the quick responses. Dealer is pressure testing it, hopefully that will get it.
That would explain the previous hole in the intake manifold.

Mark.levine40

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
It was the EGR cooler and has been replaced. Should I have any concerns over the coolant that went through the engine? Should the dealer have done any additional repairs?

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
I would make sure they changed the oil. Coolant in the crankcase will fry your bearings very quickly.