• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ecodiesel replacement

Nmcsc

Mar 14, 2020
Truck Year
Looks like I will be replacing motor at 103k. 2016 crew cab Laramie. Had a new turbo installed 200 miles ago due to the egr failure. Had the recall update but fca wouldn't extend my Warranty since I did not have service records. Which I find ridiculous since the culprit is an antifreeze issue not an oil issue. But I have up on the fight. Had my local me mechanic replace the turbo drove it about 200 miles and the motor blew yesterday. No warning. I step on the pedal and that was it.
Is it worth trusting a mopar replacement? Or just buy used.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
i would get rid of it and buy another see what they would offer on a trade

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Looks like I will be replacing motor at 103k. 2016 crew cab Laramie. Had a new turbo installed 200 miles ago due to the egr failure. Had the recall update but fca wouldn't extend my Warranty since I did not have service records. Which I find ridiculous since the culprit is an antifreeze issue not an oil issue. But I have up on the fight. Had my local me mechanic replace the turbo drove it about 200 miles and the motor blew yesterday. No warning. I step on the pedal and that was it.
Is it worth trusting a mopar replacement? Or just buy used.

If I understand this correctly, You were denied AEM warranty because you could not provide service records?

67_Valiant

Feb 9, 2020
Truck Year
Assuming you want to hang on to it for a while, I think you are better off buying a new/remanufactured engine, or rebuilding your current engine (rather than buying a used one).

A used engine might have a 90-day warranty if you are lucky, and you have no idea of the history. Factory long blocks and complete engines come with 1-3 year warranty depending on which one you get.

I've had personal experience with this- PM if you want details.