• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EcoDiesel Settlement Problems

Tom Minnesota

Apr 8, 2020
Truck Year
I have a 14 Ram with 77K miles. In April 2017 I had NOX sensor failure @ 45K. After repair both my dealer and I were surprised the part was not covered by the 100K engine warranty. Total cost of the repair was $558 but I was charged only $100. A month later a second NOX sensor fried costing me $537; then in February 2019 a Particulate Matter sensor was replaced for $537. The pollution settlement was just being posted then and part was to be covered under the extended warranty, effective May 3, 2019... But I had already paid the bill and the dealer didn't refund...End result, I am out of pocket $1172 for parts included in the new settlement warranties. The Chrysler phone bozo, who you can call for information (First name only) gave me no clear path for reimbursement. I understand that I have to apply for the settlement, and sign a quit claim waiver relinquishing rights to additional compensation to activate the warranty, get my computer flashed, and then collect the $3075 Cash. I have not done so, but I need to get the truck fixed now because the DEF gauge is inoperative, and shows near empty when full--- but is counting down rapidly to a computer induced engine shutdown. I am at my Catch 22 limit! Has anyone been reimbursed for pollution parts replaced before the Pollution Settlement went into effect? If so, how did you do it?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Tom I can't answer your Question, But if you run that DEF tank dry it will be the count down and de-rated power then NO START. Have the Dealer Re-set the DEF Gauge, I hear Ya on the sensor FCA won't flash until NO MIL, for the cash and reimbursement.

Even if the tank is full and the gauge reads empty, or goes dry, it will shutdown.