• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ecodiesel Sleeper

Ram_Ba_Lam

Jan 4, 2019
Truck Year
Hello!

I'm curious to see what input I can get from y'all regarding performance upgrades for my 2018. I have the SFT Stage 2 and trans (with Ralley Time) tunes and have done the turbo-back delete. 3.92 gearing and am 4x4.

I'm looking to gradually build a sleeper. I'm looking to lift the truck later this year for offroad purposes and I think this will help add to the "big and slow/underpowered" persona. I'm not looking to get too crazy with things like a Cummins swap (I'll do that whenever I totally blow up the engine) and I am not looking to set any records. I am looking to shut up the muscle and truck guys; I'm sure I'm not the only person here that is constantly called "baby diesel" and "man Prius"... that and to have a little fun with it.

I have an arrangement with a company that is going to help me with parts for my build over time, they just need to know what is on my "wish list."

This all being said, what input do yall have??? Sky's the limit so let's have fun with this... IMG_1997.jpg

Hapahaole

Aug 7, 2021
Truck Year
Sounds kind of fun! Welcome to the forum. I have heard the baby diesel and Prius diesel as well. I am full stage 1 MRTuning and strongly debating stage 2. I have A LOT of warranty left which is really my only hang up. Will definitely like seeing what you come up with.

Ram_Ba_Lam

Jan 4, 2019
Truck Year
Sounds kind of fun! Welcome to the forum. I have heard the baby diesel and Prius diesel as well. I am full stage 1 MRTuning and strongly debating stage 2. I have A LOT of warranty left which is really my only hang up. Will definitely like seeing what you come up with.
I have the lifetime powertrain warranty but have found that these trucks have virtually no issues after the delete and tune. I blew through the full warranty in less than a year (I'm at 101k miles in 3 years). I'll try to keep this thread updated, but if I forget to post on here, feel free to follow me on Instagram @Ram_Ba_Lam...

Let's go EcoDiesels!!!

Buzzn6

Feb 12, 2021
Truck Year
I am fully deleted with SFT stage 2/ trans tune, black haze turbo back exhaust, Banks intake and throttle delete, 4” lift with 35X12.50R20 tires. I have 2 Cummins trucks and unless I plan on pulling more than 12k on my Gooseneck I will always jump in my Ecodiesel 1st. It is flat out amazing to me what it will pull now and still gets amazing fuel mileage. And to be honest if it was in a 3/4 or 1 ton truck I wouldn’t hesitate to pull heavier loads with it. I will be at dyno next weekend and will let you know the numbers with what I have done.

Ram_Ba_Lam

Jan 4, 2019
Truck Year
I am fully deleted with SFT stage 2/ trans tune, black haze turbo back exhaust, Banks intake and throttle delete, 4” lift with 35X12.50R20 tires. I have 2 Cummins trucks and unless I plan on pulling more than 12k on my Gooseneck I will always jump in my Ecodiesel 1st. It is flat out amazing to me what it will pull now and still gets amazing fuel mileage. And to be honest if it was in a 3/4 or 1 ton truck I wouldn’t hesitate to pull heavier loads with it. I will be at dyno next weekend and will let you know the numbers with what I have done.
For sure let me know!

Hapahaole

Aug 7, 2021
Truck Year
Whoa! That's awesome! I want to delete but still have like 40000 miles on warranty. Not sure if I wanna run that risk. I am full Stage 1, catch can, diffuser block off, EGR off.... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sir William

Oct 31, 2016
Truck Year
That sounds great. How long have you had it set up this way? I am curious about long-term effects on the baby diesel engine.

Buzzn6

Feb 12, 2021
Truck Year
That sounds great. How long have you had it set up this way? I am curious about long-term effects on the baby diesel engine.
Over a year now. I pull my gooseneck loaded heavy at least once a week with it and it always impresses the heck out of me. I change the oil every 6k and you can still read the dipstick clearly through the oil. Engine seams to be much happier now after all the upgrades. I did it all in hopes of long lasting reliable engine so I hope it pays off! So far I couldn’t be happier!