• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EcoDiesel will not start, service electronic throttle control message

Curtis Chyzy

Jan 15, 2018
Truck Year
HI I'm a frustrated Dodge 2014 Eco Diesel LIMITED owner as well, I live in Manitoba Canada and had issues every year since I got this truck 2 years ago, first it was the air ride suspension total replacement twice, a DEF pump replacement, a regen system replacement, and Now the Dam truck won't start. I changed fuel filter and oil and put fuel conditioner in it for the cold months. Took it back to Dealership and they want to charge me $1000 to diagnose to do pressure checks on the cylinders before Dodge will do anything? HELP HELP HELP

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
HI I'm a frustrated Dodge 2014 Eco Diesel LIMITED owner as well, I live in Manitoba Canada and had issues every year since I got this truck 2 years ago, first it was the air ride suspension total replacement twice, a DEF pump replacement, a regen system replacement, and Now the Dam truck won't start. I changed fuel filter and oil and put fuel conditioner in it for the cold months. Took it back to Dealership and they want to charge me $1000 to diagnose to do pressure checks on the cylinders before Dodge will do anything? HELP HELP HELP

Any engine codes? Will it turn over but not start? Did it run fine yesterday? Batteries aren't dead?

Many questions here that need to be answered :)

Curtis Chyzy

Jan 15, 2018
Truck Year
Yes a few codes like service throttle control, service suspension, service trailer brake system, these all came after a 2hr run time in minus -35C and a complete shut down no bangs or anything heard. It will crank over like crazy and the battery (only one) is tested fine. My wife didn't have any heat at first so I told her to shut down and restart fixed that issue. After that she drove it about 80kms and then the truck shut down. and threw out codes. I brought it (with a tow truck ) to my house shop and heated the sucker up like to +15C thinking it gelled up. Still after no go, still cranks over though..Mechanics can't figure it out unless they pressure test the cylinders. Wouldn't I have some kind of rough running to have the cylinders all fail.?

Peterk

Nov 24, 2018
Truck Year
Did you have any luck resolving this issue I am having the same problem

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

TN Sludge

Aug 17, 2018
Truck Year
Probably a bad crank sensor
I had my cam shaft sensor break off. From the description it may be the issue. FCA did cover it under warranty. They were shocked to see that the sensor had just broken off. They will have to remove the transmission to get to it.

Giggles

Nov 5, 2020
Truck Year
Any engine codes? Will it turn over but not start? Did it run fine yesterday? Batteries aren't dead?

Many questions here that need to be answered :)
Yes a few codes like service throttle control, service suspension, service trailer brake system, these all came after a 2hr run time in minus -35C and a complete shut down no bangs or anything heard. It will crank over like crazy and the battery (only one) is tested fine. My wife didn't have any heat at first so I told her to shut down and restart fixed that issue. After that she drove it about 80kms and then the truck shut down. and threw out codes. I brought it (with a tow truck ) to my house shop and heated the sucker up like to +15C thinking it gelled up. Still after no go, still cranks over though..Mechanics can't figure it out unless they pressure test the cylinders. Wouldn't I have some kind of rough running to have the cylinders all fail.?
H
Hi Curtis,
Just wondering what did end up finding on your EcoDiesel? I just had the intake off of mine to repair a coolant leak reassembled and now it just cranks and won’t fire up!